THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Weekend-Habanero Death Dust Heat Attack!

I was thinking about making some Buffalo Wing ABTs this weekend...anybody tried this before?

I figured that I would grill some wings seasoned with some OakRidge HDD, pull the meat, then chop and mix with cream cheese & cheddar, add more rub. Stuff the jalapenos with the mixture, wrap in bacon, then sprinkle with even more rub. ( I have also figured in a chef's treat as I will sample at least one lb. of wings.):-D

While the ABTs are taking on smoke I plan to make my Buffalo Sauce with butter, Worcestershire sauce, diced onion, minced garlic and finally some Frank's Hot Sauce.

Sounds good to me, any thoughts or suggestions?

All sounds good to me now, might not be as great coming out the next day. :mrgreen:

TheWolfePit posted a video here this week with his original Buffalo Wing sauce recipe in it. Might want to check that sauce out...

Weekend-Habanero Death Dust Heat Attack!

I was thinking about making some Buffalo Wing ABTs this weekend...anybody tried this before?

I figured that I would grill some wings seasoned with some OakRidge HDD, pull the meat, then chop and mix with cream cheese & cheddar, add more rub. Stuff the jalapenos with the mixture, wrap in bacon, then sprinkle with even more rub. ( I have also figured in a chef's treat as I will sample at least one lb. of wings.):-D

While the ABTs are taking on smoke I plan to make my Buffalo Sauce with butter, Worcestershire sauce, diced onion, minced garlic and finally some Frank's Hot Sauce.

Sounds good to me, any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm only about an 1 1/2 south so let me know what time and I'll be happy to be a taste tester:becky:

Not sure you'll need sauce for the ABT's but why not.
I cook 'em low and slow, (225) get the jalapeno really soft and sweet -
if you go too fast, the bacon is burnt and the jap is not cooked, and therefore, much more spicy.

Great idea. I would lose the cheddar, replace with a combination of blue cheese and mozzarella. Also, adding in some honey with the buffalo wing sauce will help it glaze better on the ABT's

Look forward to hearing how they turn out

Great idea. I would lose the cheddar, replace with a combination of blue cheese and mozzarella. Also, adding in some honey with the buffalo wing sauce will help it glaze better on the ABT's

Look forward to hearing how they turn out

Thanks Dubbaga, I really like the blue cheese idea! I'll keep ya posted.

Back