Buffalo Chicken Burger

Smokey Al Gold

is One Chatty Farker
Here's what I made for the throwdown. It's a marinated chicken thigh breaded in panko then smoked indirect on the kettle with hickory. This is my first time breading anything and cooking it on the kettle so I only breaded one of the thighs and it came out great! I should have done more. I buttered and toasted a bun then added avocado on the bottom then the breaded thigh topped that with buffalo sauce, then meunster cheese and romaine lettuce. It was great and I seasoned the thighs with red fajita seasoning from la michoacana meat market. These were really good and very juicy with a great smokey flavor from the hickory. You guys should give it a try when you're in the mood for a spicy chicken sandwich and Wendy's is not close by :-D

04-2010014.jpg

04-2010018.jpg

04-2010019.jpg

burger.jpg

04-2010033.jpg

Nice use of Panko! Did you use an egg wash first or just roll it as is?? I never would have thought of putting that in the smoker, great job! the sandwich looks D-licious

Nice use of Panko! Did you use an egg wash first or just roll it as is?? I never would have thought of putting that in the smoker, great job! the sandwich looks D-licious

I had never done it either I just rolled the thigh in panko with no egg wash. The marinade was plenty to hold the panko on. It came out crispy and smokey :becky:

After you bread it do you spray it with any cooking spray or anything or just put it on the grill dry?

That looks real good Al. I assume they were Boneless Thighs,, lol A great lookin Sammie.. Looks a hell of a lot Better then Wendys, and prolly tastes a whole lot better..

Back