THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I decided to do a double duty cook for these two Throwdowns.... here is how the deal went down.

I dry cured some center cut pork loin chops (high on the hog cuts) for 60 hours and rested them overnight for the pellicle to form. Next, I flavor smoked them in my Big Chief for 2 hours with pecan pellets. Meanwhile, I shoveled snow.

nIxv4ji.jpg

SrYjFpj.jpg

GcgpM7r.jpg

The internal was 80° when I moved them to my Smokey Joe (kettle cook-off). Some people use a "Vortex", I used my "Poor-tex" set-up. :laugh: The finish target temperature was 145° and the GrillGrates buffered the heat.

XH5YvGC.jpg

YVxzxUy.jpg

fK39a4J.jpg

XDTp8C0.jpg

The "Kettle Cook Off" required "kettle cam" photo, which I have....and here is the entry photo.

kYAVrpz.jpg

For the "Eatin' High on the Hog" TD I took the smoked chops and made Kassler Rippchen mit Sauerkraut. It's German country food. And here is my entry photo.

0qE9yLn.jpg

Those look absolutely killer but, where's the apple sauce :laugh:. Stinks you had to shovel, sure hope we are done with that here

Those look absolutely killer but, where's the apple sauce :laugh:. Stinks you had to shovel, sure hope we are done with that here

Heheee, sorry no apples. I got the driveway done, the street is a 2-track through knee deep snow. Oh, and it's snowing again. :doh: Next up will be limited flash flooding because the next few days will get into the 50's.

Back