Brisket

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
I was in Texas last month and since I was driving brought a cooler and 6 briskets happen to make it back home with me. Love getting prime down there for what I pay for choice up here in Memphis. Finally had a chance to cook one this weekend.

Took to trimming it up...........if this one didn't turn out well, I could not blame the meat.

All trimmed up

I am a fan of SPOG, but I have a homemade rub I have been working on for a bit and wanted to see how it did on a brisket.

Into the smoker @265 with oak for the smoke. Pulled it at 170 IT for a wrap in butcher paper.

Around 200 IT it felt ready, separated the point from the flat and cubed the point for burnt ends.

Left the flat resting until it was about time to eat.

I wanted to get a few more sliced pics and a shot of finished burnt ends but we had company and I could only sneak in one quick shot. :roll:

Very happy with how it turned out. Glad I have 5 more in the freezer. :mrgreen:

That looks great. I don't have to ask how it tasted. I want to lick the screen.

Joe that is a great looking brisket!! I have but just one question how in the world did you see the separation between cuts? That's hard before the cook.

Joe that is a great looking brisket!! I have but just one question how in the world did you see the separation between cuts? That's hard before the cook.

I just follow the seam of fat between the point and the flat. Small cuts to make sure you don't put a big gash in the meat until you are sure things are running how you think they are.

I am sure it doesn't hurt that have done it over 100 times either. :mrgreen:

I just follow the seam of fat between the point and the flat. Small cuts to make sure you don't put a big gash in the meat until you are sure things are running how you think they are.

I am sure it doesn't hurt that have done it over 100 times either. :mrgreen:

Well it looks like you've done it/smoked it a 100 times. Wow looked delicious.

Back