THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
thinking of doing a flat tomorrow. would like to use something besides my standard paprika based rubs. Anyone ever just rub Montreal Steak seasoning on brisket as a rub? If so, how did it taste?

I use it all the time. It tastes great! Some folks don't like the large pieces so you can run it through a coffee grinder if you want.

Getting ready to rub one for tomorrow with Tone's Garlic & Pepper Blend. Sometimes I add salt, sometimes I don't. This time I think no salt.

well, gotta 'er rubbed up. see what happens tomorrow!

Last edited:
what does the grey poupon/yellow mustard do for it? is it a flavor thing or moisture thing? i'm a noob...forgive my ignorance...

some people say mustard is only for hot dogs, some say you will never taste it, I am on the side of the fence that says you never taste it, just helps keep your rub on:) and moisture, but Grey Poupon, don't know cant wait to see what happens! wish I was boatnut friend!

what does the grey poupon/yellow mustard do for it? is it a flavor thing or moisture thing? i'm a noob...forgive my ignorance...

the mustard helps the rub stick. I've used yellow mustard on pork butts and never can taste the mustard. I had an XL jar of dijon so just trying that for grins. It's at about 160 now. I also put on a butt that had the buckboard bacon cure on it. Hopefully, I'll be eatin' good this week :)

Back