THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just picked up a case of 2 Akaushi Waygu briskets from my distributor.
Pair of 12 pounders for $4.98/lb.

Never cooked Akasuhi before, so gonna be interesting to see how they do.

TIM

Ugh!

Brought home a 14.65 lb packer @ $3.48/lb. = $50.98.
Trimmed up this morning yielded 3.2 lbs fat - leaving just under 11.5 lbs. trimmed packer (22% weight loss).

Resulting $/lb (nearly a dollar more per pound raw)= $4.45/lb.
:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Bandit, where did you find a brisket that size in PA??

Just picked up a case of 2 Akaushi Waygu briskets from my distributor.
Pair of 12 pounders for $4.98/lb.

Never cooked Akasuhi before, so gonna be interesting to see how they do.

TIM

You better post pics of that cook!

$7.05 a lb @ 15lbs
$15.50 a KG @ 6.92KG =$107$$$ Jesus h Christ!!!!!
We had to buy one for a comp last weekend and when the butcher told me the price I damn near cried.

Geez, Ken. I live in Yellowknife and bought a couple of packers yesterday for $9.45/kg ($4.29/lb) at our local wholesale distributor. (For non-canucks, Yellowknife is considered waaaay North i.e. the original Ice Road Truckers location for those that may be familiar). Things are expensive in Saskatoon (although I got a good price on my YS640 from the Smoker Broker there).

Last 7 I bought a month or so ago were $3.18/lb in the 14-18lb range and 20-25% fat loss sounds about right (still have two). If it wasn't for the news I wouldn't know there was a drought, the cows in the pasture behind my house are fat and slick, the grass (Bermuda) is knee deep.

This is killing me I am a cheap SOB and I love brisket. it was it`s price that originally got me hooked on it. I would buy 5 or 6 at a time and freeze some and grind some up for burger meat. Now because of my cheapness I am like the junkie on the corner all nervous scratching my arm and bouncing around talking to myself needing a brisket fix. I finally broke down and bought one but had to put it into the freezer because I am busy with work and yesterday I cooked for a wedding and next week I am bbq`n for 130-200 people at work but knowing I have one makes me feel better.

This is killing me I am a cheap SOB and I love brisket. it was it`s price that originally got me hooked on it. I would buy 5 or 6 at a time and freeze some and grind some up for burger meat. Now because of my cheapness I am like the junkie on the corner all nervous scratching my arm and bouncing around talking to myself needing a brisket fix. I finally broke down and bought one but had to put it into the freezer because I am busy with work and yesterday I cooked for a wedding and next week I am bbq`n for 130-200 people at work but knowing I have one makes me feel better.

I think I laughed 15 minutes after reading this! :-D

Back