THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dry briskets get chopped and soaked in hot au jus. Toasted garlic bread, bacon, kraft real mayo,pepperjack cheese, and maybe a few pepperocini peppers. A king Sammie from a cook that went south, always a way to salvage something that fails to meet expectations......

Great stuff Bludawg. Thanks for sharing. So do you typically just slice and serve the point at the same time you slice the flat? Just curious. I actually prefer the point as is, rather than throwing back on for burnt ends.

It happens to all of us once in a while!

What's next? Bludawg's Brisket Chili A-Z? :-D

Just wanted to point out that now that the raggin' on Blu for his brisket has officially started that Ron_L started it. It's going to be awkward when he tells us to stay on topic or ...:doh:

Great stuff Bludawg. Thanks for sharing. So do you typically just slice and serve the point at the same time you slice the flat? Just curious. I actually prefer the point as is, rather than throwing back on for burnt ends.
I'm a Point man too I carve it & scarf it. Flats are for the uneducated

It happens to all of us once in a while!

What's next? Bludawg's Brisket Chili A-Z? :-D
Nah I was thinkin more along the lines of a Bologenes sauce & Lasagana and possibly Enchiladas.

I too prefer to trim the meat myself, I can get just the right layer of fat that I want and the trimmings with meat on it make for a great beef stock. I like to put several shallow cuts into the fat to prevent curling but to also hold the drippings.

Bludawg,
Can you elaborate on how the fire happened? I have the exact same cooker as Beulah, but can't imagine how a grease fire can happen with the fire being in the SFB unless you have the whole Texas Oil reserve in the underbelly and it spills into the SFB

Bludawg, thanks for this great post! "Blu!! you're my boy Blu!!"

Z

Bludawg,
Can you elaborate on how the fire happened? I have the exact same cooker as Beulah, but can't imagine how a grease fire can happen with the fire being in the SFB unless you have the whole Texas Oil reserve in the underbelly and it spills into the SFB
Well I have probably cooked 200 packers &300 shoulders since I tore it down to muck it out last and the FB was about 3 deg neg so as things heated up the the sludge puddle slid to the fire box instead of the drain. I scraped 1/2 a 4 gal bucket full of gunk out the bottom.:oops:

Blu, just do a replay on the next one.
I'm like you - I get some early pics, then either-
forget to take pics of a good cook-
or:
have a bad cook and pics schmicks.
I'm not a brisketeer, and at $75,
I need both Sat and Sun to plan and execute that
brisky. Hopefully won't Execute it as bad as you :)
(I've done that already).

Good post and I learned a bunch but I will patiently wait for a do over. That's the life of smoking meat... no two cooks are the same.

Bludawg: Would you rank the thickness of the flat at the end more important than overall floppiness of the packer?

That is the first time I have heard that floppiness can be a good thing:twitch:

Thanks for the write up and as soon as I can find a decent Brisket i am going to try your method for my first.

Back