THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

interesting.

well, the fire will get started here in about 2 hours. I'm hoping to not add any wood but every 3 hours or so, so I can sleep somewhat thru the night!

ok then. Drilled bigger holes (lots of 'em) in the bottom of the fire pan. Put a grate in it, and I think the holes are too big and allowing way too much air to flow thru the coals. All the vents shut and it's holding firm at 300*. I don't want the pork to finish at 5am! I want it to slow smoke all night and into tomorrow! At this burn rate on the coal, I'll have to add every hour and a half :rolleyes:

I've got some slightly green pecan chunks I might toss on after these coals burn down a bit, see if I can get some smoke and maintain the heat.

well as I figured, at about the 3 hour mark I have to add fuel. Went to bed at 1am, woke up at 5am, it was down to 100*. Stoked it, went to bed, 9:45am was down to 100* again. Night smoking ain't gonna be fun with this thing :/

tell me it's better with a UDS?

Back