Bride just told me Dining Out/Entertainment Budget is Zero

Also, never quite got the appeal of Whattaburger. I love their breakfast options, but the burgers didn't seem like anything different? Maybe I'm ordering the wrong thing...

To me, it's just a hamburger done "right" as opposed to what you get at ~95% of the other places. In-n-Out to me is a better burger, I don't get Smashburger or Freddies, Culver is pretty good too in the Whataburger sense.

Fast-casual places like Five Guys is a different thing IMHO. Don't get me wrong, burgers with half the vegetable counter on them are good too but, aren't what I would call a traditional hamburger.

To me, it's just a hamburger done "right" as opposed to what you get at ~95% of the other places.

Okay, that makes more sense. I've always gone there expecting it to be transcending, from what I read online. I'm headed down to Houston on Friday, so I'll try it again with more aligned expectations.

Green Chile Triple add red bell and jalapeño

Depending on where he is coming from, I might drop the Jalapeno peppers. The Green Chile burgers are very good! :-D

I must admit I have a bit of bias though, as I used to drive through Hatch, NM just to get a burger from Sparky's. Their Vanilla shake with Green Chilies is really good too! :icon_smile_tongue:

Regarding Whataburgers, I know my mom has a thing for the Whataburger specifically in Gainsville, TX across highway 82 from Wal-Mart. I do enjoy their cheeseburgers but, mom goes nuts over them? :rolleyes:

She didn't understand my preference for In-n-Out until I got to take her to one. Now she's a believer too! :grin:

You could always sell BBQ for some extra $$ and eat into some of your profit.... :p

Back