THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I had hopes of posting July 4th family bash pics, but never was able to take pictures. All three grills going, prepping food for 20 or so people, making sure the food was ready at approximately the same time (it was!), you get the idea... The phone remained in my pocket the entire time I was grilling.

But with some leftovers, I decided to make Breakfast Burritos this morning. Leftover peppers and onions, sausage and smashburgers. However, my attempts at burrito folding always turn into tacos. :biggrin1: I overstuff and can't get them to fold properly. Doesn't matter how they look, they still taste the same!

Prior to adding the cheese. Eggs, sausage, burgers, onions and peppers getting ready -

gTOlYnw.jpg

And here they are, perfect burritos. Umm, tacos. :icon_blush:

Uchbi8g.jpg

Plated on my finest china -

uK8qM5q.jpg

ZQYhD46.jpg

That's it. A quick and simple breakfast using up leftovers. And someday I will figure out how to fold these into burritos. Today wasn't that day. :mrgreen:

Regards,
-lunchman

I agree, folding burritos doesn't always go as planned, but the results taste the same, and tacos are quicker to make, so more time for eating!

I've had the same problem making burritos, always over stuffing then couldn't make it work. It really goes against my grain to put smaller amounts of everything. I'm glad you didn't compromise and called it a taco. They look mighty tasty.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having trouble folding burritos! I suppose I could always turn them into quesadillas, but flipping those is yet another adventure. :biggrin1:

I'm not cut out to work at Taco Bell I guess.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having trouble folding burritos! I suppose I could always turn them into quesadillas, but flipping those is yet another adventure. :biggrin1:

I'm not cut out to work at Taco Bell I guess.

Dom,
You'd have to have a cooking labotomy to work a TB. :-D Your skills would make their heads spin.

A lot of “burrito” sized tortillas are only 10 inches in diameter. It isn’t really possible to make a good sized burrito with less than a 12 inch tortilla and if you want a big burrito then it has to be 14 inch in my opinion.

Great way to start the day Dom You had some very lucky people at your place
By the time I am done I have a hard time folding a Taco Properly :grin:

Back