Breakfast on The High Plains

Adams, that there is a combination that I never would have thought of, but I dang sure am going to try one day.

As mentioned above an interesting combination. I am wondering though, is this MSU or in the rotation?

As mentioned above an interesting combination. I am wondering though, is this MSU or in the rotation?

Rotational. Don't always have walnuts, but when I do..also good with roasted sunflower seeds, pecans etc. Not necessarily fond of normal almonds but the Smokehouse Almond (blue can). As well it's perfectly fine without nuts of any type

I love steel cut oats but never think to make them. Thanks for the reminder, Adam's! Killer breakfast!

Are those the oats Alton Brown cooks in the crock pot overnight?
Ed

I believe they were Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut.

1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats
1.5 cups water
Instant Pot 10 minutes, slow release 10-15 minutes
Stir.

I don't use milk. Moistened with blueberries, KerryGold Butter and about a Tablespoon of organic real maple syrup

Last edited:
I believe they were Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut.

1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats
1.5 cups water
Instant Pot 10 minutes, slow release 10-15 minutes
Stir.

Ooo. I've been doing my steel cut oats in the oven, but it takes soooo long. I'm going to try the IP next time, thanks for this! :thumb:

Ooo. I've been doing my steel cut oats in the oven, but it takes soooo long. I'm going to try the IP next time, thanks for this! :thumb:

They store well in fridge at least a couple days. Makes it really quick with leftovers and a microwave

Back