THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Hey all you Mid-Atlantic Brethren! If you are in the area, you are invited to attend my Fall Session on Oct 20. BeerGuy and myself have been throwing this little shin-dig for 11 or 12 years now. There will be some guitar pickin and sail boat rides... Well, you can imagine that you're sailing on it. The sail boat with the hole in the hull will never move from the yard.

There will be a M*A*S*H tent set up, a 6' fire pit and me & BeerGuy will be doing BBQ.

I'm in central VA. If you're interested, please shoot me a PM and I'll give you more info.

Camping is available. I have 10.5 acres and we have many campers.

I am doing 2 contest and a wedding that weekend. Hmmmmmm sounds like a challenge i think i might try to squeeze this in

There has been a rumor flying around that some cherry wheat homebrew may be onsite that weekend. At this unbrewed point, its a rumor, but it has legs.
Jay, if you come from Louisville, (about 9 hrs drive) Ill buy some of your sauces. Really looking foward to trying your peach stuff.

There has been a rumor flying around that some cherry wheat homebrew may be onsite that weekend. At this unbrewed point, its a rumor, but it has legs.
Jay, if you come from Louisville, (about 9 hrs drive) Ill buy some of your sauces. Really looking foward to trying your peach stuff.
I'll be driving from Ashland....about 350 miles.

About a week away, and Im bottling the cherry wheat tonite. it wont be ready, but I may have to pass out "to go" bottles. Other than Troutman and JPW do we have any other brothers headed to Goochland? Plenty of room for camping.

Jim, the butts will go on about6-7 am, people usually get there about 4, eat 530 -8pm, pick guitars till 2 am, but we are flexible! We are going to throw some brats and beer and onions and peppers into the water bowl at 1030 in order to do a lunch while we finish setup and watch sweet blue. should be 5-6 of us around for lunch, but the real fun starts about 4-5.

Man Im so farkin stressed. So much still to do!!!!! I had the week from hell at work this week. I normally take this week off to prepare for the Session. Long story, Im off next week. No farkin help!

Oh well, the porta potty arrived today; I got the Dera up to the party area yesterday; load of apple wood ready to go. I'll rub my butts & brisket tonight. Woohoo!

I'll run the lights with Rick's help tomorrow morning. Fark it. If it dont get done, it dont get done.

Oh, and get this: we have a state wid fire BAN on. Just imposed yesterday! So no bon fire!!! Man Im SO bummed. The bon fire is the center of attention for all the drunks. Keeps them focused.

I guess I'll set up a TV over the fire pit and run the Red Sox/ Indians game.

Well, Im on my 3rd Starr Hill Amber Ale. Its making things better now.

Troutman makes it out to the Session. I'll post a wrap up of last nights festivities later.

3Brethren1med.jpg

From left to right: Brauma, Troutman, BeerGuy.

We had a good time in spite of the Governors imposed fire ban. But I will admit, it was a downer that we couldnt make a roaring fire in the firepit. That took about 2 hours off the party for sure. It got cold last night!

Here's what the Bandera was cooking. 2 butts, a brisket and 2 fatties:

Derafoodmed.jpg

Here's what Rick had in the WSM. 2 butts and 4 racks of ribs:

WSMfoodmed.jpg

And here's how we kept warm. We stoked up the Dera with wood and let her rip. If the fire department pulled in all we had to do was close the lid and it wouldve been contained.

fire2med.jpg

Here's a pic of BeerGuy and my dad. Sweet blue from the WSM.

Ruckanddadmed.jpg

Im posting this pic again. Note the brats, onions and green peppers in the water pan. Man they were tasty. Thanks for the idea Phill.

Derafoodmed.jpg

Mark and Rick are two of the nicest people that I have ever talked with. I had a gig the Saturday night so I could not stay very long, but that was fine with them (come on down anyway.) I brought my wife and littlest one. Rick had gotten up early and put on a rick of ribs just for us, because he knew we couldn't stay. Is that class or what? They had brats and fatties more food then the 10th Mountain had crossing the Alps their last training round.

Rick let me sample one of the best brats that I have had in a while, the only problem was when I bit into it the thing was so juicy it squirted 10 feet and coated my wife's white sweater with red grease. She was very cool and did not say a word about it. In fact she still has not said much.

The only regret is that Robyn likes Ricks ribs.....I'll have to talk to him about that

Troutman, very nice meeting you and your family. Rebecca is a sweetheart. Glad you enjoyed the grub, and I hope your lovely bride gets new sweater soon. My wife thanks you for the "presents" and so do I. They will be enjoyed alot!

I do hold an open invitation for Brethren to come by when we do our "Sessions". But be warned, Trout got beat up.

First, a yellow jacket lit his thumb up as we sat and talked. Then his wife's nice sweater gets ruined by an overly excited bratworst. I think he had to buy her another silk sweater. Ouch.

So glad you could make it out Trout but sorry you got the one-two punch.:lol:

It was great to meet your family. You're welcome to come by anytime.

Back