BPS rub recommendations

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
Confession time. I have never in my life bought a Big Poppa Smoker branded bbq rub. I get their emails all the time and have never taken advantage of the “discount/free shipping” offers. Well, with today’s email and discount code of FREESHIP20 (today-Sunday), I am feeling it’s time to bite the bait. With that said, for those of you that use and love BPS rubs, which do you tend to buy again and again and what do you use those specific rubs on?

Love them Money and Sweet Money are great on chicken. The hallelujah Jalepeno salt is the bomb on popcorn or nachos. My son adds it to his guacamole and I’ve added it to fresh pico

Also from Simply Marvelous also sold by BPS is Peppered Cow for beef and Sweet and Spicy for ribs or pork or beef. All awesome

Love them Money and Sweet Money are great on chicken. The hallelujah Jalepeno salt is the bomb on popcorn or nachos. My son adds it to his guacamole and I’ve added it to fresh pico

Also from Simply Marvelous also sold by BPS is Peppered Cow for beef and Sweet and Spicy for ribs or pork or beef. All awesome

Do you use the Sweet Money on Chicken by itself?

The Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeno is awesome! My wife uses it on roast potatoes and it's a killer flavor. I also use it on pork butts and gives a nice bit of heat without being over the top.

Otherwise I don't find their rubs to be very well balanced for my palate...very "California" flavored in my opinion.

The Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeno is awesome! My wife uses it on roast potatoes and it's a killer flavor. I also use it on pork butts and gives a nice bit of heat without being over the top.

Otherwise I don't find their rubs to be very well balanced for my palate...very "California" flavored in my opinion.

What are you trying to say... that us Californians don’t have good taste in rubs?!?! [emoji849][emoji12]

I've had the whole line from BPS. I too had slept on BPS rubs Robb.

Little Louie's garlic salt disappeared first

Desert Gold is amazing all around especially on veggies

Jallelujah bacon jalapeno seasoning is an awesome savory rub

Jallelujah jalapeno seasoned salt is good first coat rub

Cash cow beef rub is great especially if you mix it with other rubs. Really good on brisket.

Double Secret steak rub reminds me of a kicked up Montreal Steak

Money And Sweet Money Championship rubs are fantastic on pork

Cuckoo Racha is awesome last coat for add'l layor of flavor, heat and color. I mean even by itself for wings and such

Happy Ending great for a coat right before serving ribs, pork butt etc.

Top three for me personally are

Little Louie's

Cuckoo Racha Spicy Chili rub

Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeno rub

For the last few months, I've been testing the Cash Cow Beef Rub (as well as the Cattle Prod Injection), which has some non-typical ingredients. I would think this could be called an engineered rub. The smoked salt is a nice touch, as is the rendered beef fat and beef stock. So, it does deliver a salty beefy flavor which works. Is it more suited for competition brisket? Is it better than a salt, pepper, garlic kind of rub? I cant really say that this soon in my testing.

INGREDIENTS: Smoked alderwood sea salt, sugar, maltodextrin, coarse salt, hydrolyzed soy protein, dehydrated onion and garlic, corn starch, spices, natural flavors (rendered beef fat, salt, beef stock autolyzed yeast extract, spice), soy sauce (wheat, soybeans, salt). Allergens: Contains soy and wheat.

Tried the Steak rub, it was ok but I prefer just ks and Holy cow or some combo of Oakridge.
I use Happy Ending after I pull a Butt.
I used to use a lot of little Louies and I like it, though I haven't used it much lately. I have way to many rubs right now!!
I like Sweet Money just made some ribs last weekend with it.
I also have Money but have not used it for quite awhile, Don't even remember what I put it on last!
Oh, I used Cash Cow on quite a few things in combo with other rubs.

You may as well just rock the whole West Coast Offense and give everyone your opinion. :thumb:

Rob,

I seem to recall making you a care package of rubs to try that you never came by to get. :wink:

You know you can get other rubs with that free shipping code (you don't have to buy just BPS branded ones).

Back to your question:

1) Jallelujah is probably the one I order most. I use it on everything. Just the regular, not the Bacon one. Meat, veggies, eggs. I always have that one on hand. Get the big shaker...thank me later.

2) Desert Gold for veggies. Get the small shaker and try it. It's got some herbs/citrus notes that change up the typical SPG.

3) Cash Cow. I used to use this a lot before my wife became sensitive to gluten. Ground meat (burgers), base layer for steaks, brisket, etc. It has powdered beef stock in it...but it really makes beef pop. I usually use another rub with it....but definitely a good one.

4) Money. This is one is really good too. Salty with some sweet. I've been working through some of my other ones so haven't bought it recently, but it's no slouch.

5)Louis Seasoning Salt. It tastes like a better version of Lawry's. If you like Lawry's, you'll like that.

Tried the Steak rub, it was ok but I prefer just ks and Holy cow or some combo of Oakridge.

I use Happy Ending after I pull a Butt.

I used to use a lot of little Louies and I like it, though I haven't used it much lately. I have way to many rubs right now!!

I like Sweet Money just made some ribs last weekend with it.

I also have Money but have not used it for quite awhile, Don't even remember what I put it on last!

Oh, I used Cash Cow on quite a few things in combo with other rubs.

You may as well just rock the whole West Coast Offense and give everyone your opinion. :thumb:

Rub pusher... lol.

Sweet money & happy ending on pork!
Secret steak Is my family’s favorite. I like it but coffee rubs on steak for me!
Jallelujah is good. Especially in guacamole
Desert Gold is good on veggies.

Rob,

I seem to recall making you a care package of rubs to try that you never came by to get. :wink:

You know you can get other rubs with that free shipping code (you don't have to buy just BPS branded ones).

Back to your question:

1) Jallelujah is probably the one I order most. I use it on everything. Just the regular, not the Bacon one. Meat, veggies, eggs. I always have that one on hand. Get the big shaker...thank me later.

2) Desert Gold for veggies. Get the small shaker and try it. It's got some herbs/citrus notes that change up the typical SPG.

3) Cash Cow. I used to use this a lot before my wife became sensitive to gluten. Ground meat (burgers), base layer for steaks, brisket, etc. It has powdered beef stock in it...but it really makes beef pop. I usually use another rub with it....but definitely a good one.

4) Money. This is one is really good too. Salty with some sweet. I've been working through some of my other ones so haven't bought it recently, but it's no slouch.

5)Louis Seasoning Salt. It tastes like a better version of Lawry's. If you like Lawry's, you'll like that.

You are right... was just thinking about that care package the other day. It’s probably stale and flavorless by this point. #imaloser :(

Thanks for the suggestions buddy :)

You are right... was just thinking about that care package the other day. It’s probably stale and flavorless by this point. #imaloser :(

Thanks for the suggestions buddy :)

No worries. I gave them to a neighbor who wanted to try a bunch of different stuff. :hungry:

So now you have suggestions...time to put an order in. :becky:

Dammit Walters!!
See the thread, give my observations, complain about having too many rubs, have now spent last 20 minutes adding rubs and sauces I've wanted to try to my cart!!! :oops:

Back