THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlabamaGrillBillies

is one Smokin' Farker
Man Todd (Plowboy BBQ) has hit another home run with this stuff!! I got my first taste of it in today. Simply awesome flavor profile. I tried some straight out of the shaker (as I do all rubs for first time evaluations) and was immediately impressed. My wife cooked meat loaf tonight (in the oven) and I tried some on it and liked it. I'm doing a large cook this weekend and will have its first official run on some venison and possibly some pork butts, but for now I just wanted to post about how impressed I am with this rub.

This stuff can be bought at Hawgeyesbbq if anyone is wondering and is a heck of a deal.

I love yardbird, it's excellent on chicken, and ribs!

bovine is good, just wish it was a little sweeter(for brisket), it does make a nice bark! I actually used on steaks before with great results (was looking for a pic, can't find it)

Anyone ever tried Billy Bones Rubs.... okay... that was a joke. Its nice to see Todd (who rose to prominence as "Plowboy," Christie Canyons leading man in the 1980s) learn to do something productive with his life.

I have to agree that Bovine Bold is some good chit. I used it on a couple of NY strips on Wednesday and they were mighty tasty. :biggrin: So far I've only used it a few times on steaks but it has much more potential.

I keep a supply of both Yardbird & Bovine Bold on hand. Hopefully my supply will last through the winter :rolleyes:. If not, then I'll buy some more!

Back