THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unixadm

Take a breath!
I've been wanting a Winston CVAP holding cabinet for a while but I never found a good price on one. Then i started thinking about what I'd really like it for and it was for holding a batch of BBQ for a get together or something like that. Well then I stumbled upon a used Winston CVAP Pod. This isn't a widely marketed device but it's essentially a small drawer type CVAP that is also a cook and hold oven. This particular unit, the CVAP Pod has a more robust set of capabilities. It can hold just like a normal CVAP, but it can also Reheat, nearly Sous Vide without the water bath, Roast, Steam, Bake, Hold, etc.

I should have it in a couple of weeks and then I'll start putting it through it's paces. I'm going to try everything, from cooking bacon to pre-cooking burgers to holding some BBQ. I'll finally get to see what all the hype is about CVAP. :)

Hope it works out to be a pretty handy device to have around the house.

54d3fb360f79c_-_pod_image2-md.jpg

Attachments

• CVAP POD.pdf
    776.4 KB · Views: 14
Id play around with a long hold on brisket. see if you can that level of tenderness you see on Franklin's

I have not seen those before. pretty cool, looks like it is a phase 1 so regular plug?? Most of the bigger units that have the cook and hold feature require 220.

I have not seen those before. pretty cool, looks like it is a phase 1 so regular plug?? Most of the bigger units that have the cook and hold feature require 220.

Correct. it's a single phase, 120V unit that holds two full size 2" hotel pans. This unit is supposed to be the first "Home" CVAP oven. I'll most likely buy a CVAP holding half cabinet one of these days, however this is plenty capacity to hold an average cook for family and friends. It shows up next Wednesday, so I should be able to post up some pics once I have it and put it through it's paces.

Back