THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad it came out all right. I know this is a late reply but it could have been the mass of the 2 butts creating a shielding effect on your lid therm, the next time you try to do 2 large hunks of meat try cutting them in half, could be easier maintaing higher temps defiantely increase the amount of bark and just might cook a little faster.

i have 2 8lbs butts on my 22 now and have been since 11 last night. i set my guru at 225 and went to bed woke up and looked at them at 7 am this morn and they were at 169 and the cooker was at 225, man i love my guru... i waited a bit to see where they were going and wrapped em a few minutes ago at 173... i usually cook mine higher but just trying something different.. i have cooked many of them at 240 and times vary each time...

Back