THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigrolltide1877

Knows what a fatty is.
Cooking a boston butt and a couple of chicken halves today. Using soaked cherry and pecan wood. (Warning picture heavy.)

Cutting the whole chicken into halves bout a 3.5 pounder.

Used a herb type rub.

Prepping the 4.3 pound bb yes is pretty small

Used a kansas city rub (My rub mix)

I ended up injecting the BB and i thought about putting some of the injection in the foil once i warp it im wondering how that would turn out.

Thanks for looking i will update once i throw um on the smoker later on today.

What are we cook'n on?
:pop2:

Char Broil offset from walmart. works pretty good the only complaint i have is the temp gauge. It has the warm,ideal,hot gauge wished i would have payed more attention when i bought it. but im not complaing holds temps pretty good usually run it where the needle is straight in the middle. 225-250 range. but thats a guess.

I have a couple of these and they are very useful, especially for the price.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-1470-Digital-Cooking-Thermometer/dp/B00004XSC5"]Amazon.com: Taylor 1470 Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Or, just jump in and get a dual probe unit.:thumb:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Remote-Wireless-Thermometer-ET-73/dp/B0044FFUMK"]Amazon.com: Maverick Remote Smoker Dual Probe Wireless Thermometer ET-73: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Keep the pr0n coming.:mrgreen:

For some reason here lately every time i use kingsford it seems like it doesn't last as long as royal oak. Put the chicken on about 3:30 and man the Butt is looking good.

Finally got it all finished up. Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. :(

Pork butt

Pulled Pork

Chicken

and finally the full plate

The chicken didnt turn out the way i wanted it to but i know what i did wrong. Overall it was very good. :mrgreen:

Does the bark need to be off the wood? I've heard it can cause a bitter taste.

I usually leave the bark on. Ive never had problems with the bark on i haven't got a bitter taste in the meat.

I really liked the combo of Pecan and Cherry but i wish it had a little bit more of a smoke flavor. but that's just me.

Back