THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
My doctor says I eat too much red meat...wonder what she'd say to me eating half that cake? hmmm- I got Bludawg's peach cobbler recipe around here somewhere.

All looks great, Smitty. No outdoors cooking for me. Made a big pot of Chicken and Dumplings....puts the wife in the mood. /rawr

Ribs Done - Yes I like Sauce..... Plowboys Yardbird Rub n Sweet Baby Rays Original Sauce........Brisket wrapped n still going...... Dump Cake Done......

dKwwdn4l.jpg

gRl706Rl.jpg

My doctor says I eat too much red meat...wonder what she'd say to me eating half that cake? hmmm- I got Bludawg's peach cobbler recipe around here somewhere.

All looks great, Smitty. No outdoors cooking for me. Made a big pot of Chicken and Dumplings....puts the wife in the mood. /rawr
If you get that cobbler right you're in for something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just F.Y.I. - Cooking Hot n Fast and Wrapping Butcher Paper in a kamado style cooker = Bad....... Drippings pooled up in paper and then Drippings n Paper Caught Fire....... Brisket's OK but Fat Cap is Charred with Butcher Paper Stuck to it.......:tsk:

Just F.Y.I. - Cooking Hot n Fast and Wrapping Butcher Paper in a kamado style cooker = Bad....... Drippings pooled up in paper and then Drippings n Paper Caught Fire....... Brisket's OK but Fat Cap is Charred with Butcher Paper Stuck to it.......:tsk:

Dang! How hot? Did you accidentally poke a hole in the bottom of the paper?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah, Too Much Rain.! It has rained at least 4 to 5 days a week for the last six weeks ........

Same out here in East Texas. Hard to grill in the rain right now. I'm going to need a smokehouse with a grill area if this keeps up. The next three days are 80% rain and then it drops to ~40%.

I hadn't considered that sort of flare up in a Ceramic cooker, only in a dirty offset or cabinet smoker that needed a good cleaning or a good scrape.

Thanks for the warning!

After BoomShuckaLucka’s bleach bath n spray down I took the weed burner torch to the grates n Insides - grates n chimney caught fire with all the seasoning on them/ gunk in chimney. Black Smoke pouring out- one of me neighbors called the Fire Department. I let it burn out then Hit her with Water Hose for a Steam Clean. Was already to steam cleaning when fire truck pulled up. :mrgreen: then I hosed her down with veggie spray oil.........

I was going to suggest a cleaning process but it looks like you opted for resuscitation by the FD’s EMS staff. Extreme but cool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BoomShuckaLucka......she's getting a Bleach Bath n Super Rinse...........then The Torch.........

elNdmmHl.jpg

7LxOXCPl.jpg

Fantasia had Mold in Her Chute.! :shock: .......... couldn't get the fire grate out (either the grate or rails have warped) so having to burn the charcoal - Luckily was only about 1/4 Full.

So SinLee is Handling the Brisket Duties today..........

pic fix

Back