Boneless leg of lamb on the drum (with pron)

AussieMatt

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Matt
I have a couple of boneless legs of lamb in the freezer and have wanted to smoke one after reading all the good lamb smokes that have been done here.

So I got it into gear yesterday and stuffed it with goats cheese and mint, re-rolled and tied it, cut the slits and added rosemary and garlic.

Fired up the drum and used my new Maverick ET-733 that I got for Chrissie. The drum wanted to run at 280, so that's where I let it hang. Pulled it 140 IT, tented with foil and let it rest in a warm oven for about 30 minutes.

Not the best at tying but it works.

20141228_145334_zpsax8h7nct.jpg

20141228_145346_zpsphaoklnk.jpg

Just before carving.

20141228_180218_zpsnfvqxuei.jpg

Served with mashed taters, peas and a bit of rice..washed down with my homemade Riesling.

20141228_180719_zpsclaevlgg.jpg

20141228_180731_zpsjsakx3wd.jpg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic!!! I bet it will make some killer sammiches too!!! How did the maverick perform??? Was it easy to set up?? I also got one for Christmas, but havent had a chance to use it...

That looks fantastic!!! I bet it will make some killer sammiches too!!! How did the maverick perform??? Was it easy to set up?? I also got one for Christmas, but havent had a chance to use it...

Thank you! Having sammies for lunch today, lamb, cheese, tomato and baby spinach.

The Maverick was great! Actually easy to set up if you read the instructions 20 times and worked like a charm.

Back