THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grimm5577

is Blowin Smoke!
LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_42.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_52.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_54.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_61.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_73.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_64.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_66.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_69.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_74.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_76.png

LudwigBBQ-PrimeRib160614_79.png

So as per the details, it was a $45 piece of meat purchased at Oscars Smoke House in Warrensburg, Ny. It's on the way to my typical vacation spot in the Adirondacks. I rubbed with Oak Ridges Black Ops. It was cooked on a BPS barrel, at around 350. I used Hickory and Cherry, on Royal Oak. Pulled it at around 130 degrees IT and wrapped it in foil and let it rest while I cooked the mushrooms.

For the Portabellas I moved the fire basket up to the higher position, and grilled the mushrooms till the cheese started to melt. The fire was running low, but did the job.

I also baked the bread on the OTG, I wanted to use the BPS but my timing was way off on the bread. I used a pizza stone for the bread and it charred the bottom a bit, first time making bread on the grill so now I know.

Again thanks everyone, I impressed myself on this one.

It was good, the ends had the most rub flavoring, the inner rib slices only had a bit of the rub flavor which wasn't bad. But I will definitely try the SP&Thyme.

Back