Boathouse Smokers - Big Black Cabinet

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Viet King Cong
Ahem... it’s a BBC.

I’ve been going back and forth with Boathouse Smokers (brethren Badger Jacob) on this unit since mid February. We finally hammered out the details on a giant cabinet smoker that will have a foot print of 4’x3’. Sent my deposit and he got to work on it starting in April. I plan to pick up the cooker in June.

It’s a larger version of their “double barrel 8 rack” with 14 racks. Each rack is roughly 23”x35”. Instead of the standard sliding intake, I opted for three 2” valves on the each side to control the airflow.

f208a66805d7ac63a94254282631d143.jpg

e470d38e86b4abda9e7566338a44bd8c.jpg

fe97469aa8aec48138b52889fe10a628.jpg

ac0cb3c4be1e011f4f8040105eb57fe7.jpg

b3daa37612324c44ae79169be0bac767.jpg

Thanks Smitty for the original post about them.

:shock: What are you going do with that Monster? :twitch: Must have Met ALOT of New Friends down in Georgia? The Twins are gonna be Sad and Jealous..........:biggrin1:

The Twins are gonna be Sad and Jealous..........:biggrin1:

Pfft... The twins can't even get on the road! I can't wire lights on a trailer if my life depended on it. I actually asked Tyler if he can just add a roof to the Bandera trailer with my spot in line. Still thinking about it... since I have about 9 months until my number is up.

Last edited:
:shock: What are you going do with that Monster? :twitch: Must have Met ALOT of New Friends down in Georgia?

Eventually it will go on the back end of an enclosed trailer. That's like 2-3 years down the line though.

That is really nice! Dig the hip roof. Comps? That is gonna be difficult to move around. I would put the twins on CL, probably get $3k for it based on the crazy prices you normally see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is really nice! Dig the hip roof. Comps? That is gonna be difficult to move around. I would put the twins on CL, probably get $3k for it based on the crazy prices you normally see.

More of a concession trailer than comps. Not a big fan of comp style barbecue. I like my meats a bit on the fatty side. The twin towers was my first welding project. There’s some sentimental value all up in it but yeah, I may have to sell it if it’s just going to sit on the driveway.

This unit is technically a water cooker. There’s a funnel setup above the charcoal box for water and drippings.

Back