THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking forward to seeing all you mid-MOFOs this weekend!

LoneStar - stop by the yellow school bus for a couple of brews. We will be there sometime around noon on Friday.

I'm getting pumped. Work is trying to put a bummer on my week but we're not givin in to it. Got my meat from Resturant Depot on Saturday. They were sold out of parsley. Local Patricias has none. Bought all Walmart had. 7 bunches. Iffy on freshness. Hope they restock by Friday. If not may go letuce Could send wife to Blue Springs or Columbia but after she added a stop at Hobby lobby and TJ Max and Dillards I would have $200 parsley. looking forward to cooking with you alll. keith

Okay, I'm finally getting ready for this contest, but have one question (so far) - does anyone know if they provide eletricity? I looked through my entry and their web site and didn't see any mention of it. Rather not use the generator, but if I must, I must.

We'll be pulling in Friday morning somewhere between 9-10 - See y'all Friday.

Okay, I'm finally getting ready for this contest, but have one question (so far) - does anyone know if they provide eletricity? I looked through my entry and their web site and didn't see any mention of it. Rather not use the generator, but if I must, I must.

Yes they do have electricity and water at each site. It is a RV park for the State Fair if I understand it correctly. Was told I would need a 30 amp adapter to plug into his outlet to then plug in my extension cord. Look forward to meeting you. keith

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing all you mid-MOFOs this weekend!

LoneStar - stop by the yellow school bus for a couple of brews. We will be there sometime around noon on Friday.

Hey thanks for the invite! I have to work all day Friday but the wife and I plan on showing up around 5-5:30. After a busy day at work a brew will be tasty!

me and the wife are taking an four day weekend no kids we will be up there on thr come one come all :grin:

I had my entry all filled out, check written, and ready to go on the mail......then discovered that my water softener had sprung a leak....SOB! So new sub floor, tile, and carpet later, I'm too farking broke to bbq! What I would have spent on the entry and provisions for the contest just about covered my insurance deductible.
So boys..have fun without me.......

Don't forget the RV adaptor for the electric. Standard extention cord won't plug into the power supply.

Bad News

Hey guys, I've got some bad news...Funny Farm BBQ had to pull out of the contest earlier today. Last night while doing some farm chores, I wrenched my back (my girlfriend heard it pop over 40 feet away). Needless to say I can barely walk much less come close to standing up straight. Can't even imagine trying to move a cooler - impossible!

Hopefully, I'll see you all at future contests.

Hey guys, I've got some bad news...Funny Farm BBQ had to pull out of the contest earlier today. Last night while doing some farm chores, I wrenched my back (my girlfriend heard it pop over 40 feet away). Needless to say I can barely walk much less come close to standing up straight. Can't even imagine trying to move a cooler - impossible!

Hopefully, I'll see you all at future contests.

Get better!

Thanks guys & good luck to all of you.

I made the right call (even though it is killing me not going through my last check before pulling out of the driveway), still not moving well today even though the sharp pains aren't as frequent. Don't even think the 2 hour drive could be manageable at this point. Plus I wouldn't want to show up and be dubbed the Hunchback of Sedaila.

Have fun, be safe, & good luck - I'll be watching for the results...

Back