THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mamajamma21

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Going to the butcher tomorrow to pick up this beastly rib eye that I will be grilling up with the fellas Saturday night. Been looking forward to his all week.

I had been going on this week a lot about black garlic. I live in South Jersey and a small organic farm near me makes it. My wife surprised me when I got home from work tonight with some of the black garlic cloves as well as black garlic sea salt that she found at a farmers market. I never use garlic when seasoning a steak but am tempted to finish the steak with some of this as opposed to the regular sea salt I was planning on using. This is a finer grind than what I had planned to use as well. Suggestions?

(note: this is my second night in a row starting a thread about salt. It might be time to see a cardiologist.)

I find black garlic to be something of an acquired taste, but, I would use it as a finishing salt, if you're curious, leave one part of the steak unsalted and try it out.

Back