Bittersweet BHT- Cast Iron Smoked Meatloaf

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Good music playing on Spotify. Picked up a vintage Cast iron skillet on a recent walleye trip. $15 cash. Cleaned up nicely. It’s time to put it to work

Pretty basic no measure MSU meatloaf. Ground sirloin-old fashion oats-chopped onion- egg-ketchup-Worcestershire and a tablespoon of 407BBQ Rub. Everything mixed by hand in the bacon greased skillet. Using the Davy Crockett pellet. Cooking to an IT of 170-175

All being accomplished and driven home to “One Headlight”

I want a beer, or perhaps alcohol.

Last edited:
Temptations and alcohol... Throw in a little meatloaf and we’ve gotta winning combination. :becky:

Well the cook is almost over. The music and company was grand. Nothing left to do do but check calibration on T-pen and bring it home with Waylon

Last edited:
Well, it’s over- the cook anyway. Bride lost it at Dale Watson and headed off to the other room, before departure she requested a ketchup-Worcestershire topping on “her” meatloaf. That’s cool as I am not eating supper anyway.
I’m Comfortably Numb.
Can’t believe she wasn’t impressed with the gravy song. :))

Cheers ;-)

Last edited:
Skillet cleaned up with hot water, Lodge Brush, paper towel and oiled. So dang cool to cook on a vintage Cast iron skillet

Last edited:
Can't see the pictures either. Would like to see the skillet. But, love me some Dale Watson. Where did you go to catch Walleye?

Robert

No pics for me .
I have so much cast iron Mari makes me keep the big stuff in my shop.......

That sounds amazing. That said, if I were smoking meatloaf in cast iron, I believe I'd need to play the Allman Brothers to complete the scenario.

I apologize I drank maybe 1 too many red wines, got to uncluttering my digital life and deleted a crapton of photos. Like 2700 photos, message thread with photos etc. Went to far I reckon. Red wine- maybe 1-2 times per year. Red wine is evil.

Last edited:
Back