THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
A friend of mine brought dinner over for my family from a restaurant called Big's Chicken in Beaverton, OR and I absolutely loved it. I did some Googling and found they had posted the recipe for their chicken so I had to make it.

The posted recipe needed some adjusting but it turned out pretty good.

I left the spice rub unchanged.

The chicken is marinated in their Fresno sauce. It's also served on the side as a condiment. I made this per the instructions and it didn't turn out right. There was to much vinegar and the peppers should be roasted whole and then steamed in a bag instead of quickly charring. I added a roasted bell pepper in an attempt to tone down the vinegar. My next batch will be closer to what they serve.

Fortunately I still had some of the white sauce to compare to. It needed additional mustard and apple cider vinegar. The oregano they use might be powdered. Next time I will run it through a spice grinder or run a knife over it. I also added salt and pepper.

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/eat-and-...he-heavenly-birds-at-big-s-chicken-mayonnaise

KmLeZkvl.jpg

lTlidQ3l.jpg

l3lOn7il.jpg

U6mEO1Fl.jpg

BLwicdTl.jpg

RXo7W8Zl.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Back