THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P

Pitmasterx

I had an awesome day doing a workshop for 200 kids making pizza. Afterwards I got the change to walk around and taste some of the great recipes that were cooked up. The peking duck that was made on a special contraption was awesome! Amazing flavours. The guy who made them was instantly offered a job at the biggest chinese restaurant in the Netherlands.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LaTMkKeTSA"]Big Green Egg member day 2013 Barbecue festival - YouTube[/ame]

Very nice! I love seeing pics and vids of European bbq fests - very different items cooked and the plating/presentation is always elegant.

absolutely, and I would add the docile nature of the crowd; have you been to an eggfest, hordes of the ravenous that will eat half cooked or even raw food right off the prep table before it even passes over the coals :laugh:

Very nice! I love seeing pics and vids of European bbq fests - very different items cooked and the plating/presentation is always elegant.

European bbq is different to the american bbq and it always causes conflict at bbq competitions. Because we want to use american rules and regulations, but cook in the European style. That doesn't work al that well. haha

European bbq is different to the american bbq and it always causes conflict at bbq competitions. Because we want to use american rules and regulations, but cook in the European style. That doesn't work al that well. haha

Forget the " American rules" ! What you guys are doing is unique and adds to the great big world of bbq :grin:

The duck contraption looks really cool. Did he cook them entirely on the egg or just heat them up? Got to try that one- thanks for posting

The duck contraption looks really cool. Did he cook them entirely on the egg or just heat them up? Got to try that one- thanks for posting

Its a cool contraption and the duck was amazing. I think they cook the duck for 3 minutes, (to help the skin get crispy) fill the duck with air and then leave it to dry and than finally they cook it on the Egg.

Posting was my pleasure, thanks for watching

Back