Big Christmas Dinner - Food P@rn

What's the down side to it sitting in the pan for the whole time? I don't think there is as much bark...what else?

B

Looks great I like the pans save the brisket drips for beans yum and pork dripping for beans yum and sauces and gravy please don't give my doctor this web site :biggrin:

How do you save the drippings long term for later use? I've also looked for a gravy recipe here, but don't see any. Anyone have a favorite recipe for using brisket drippings?

B

Last edited:
Ok.. here are the long-awaited final pics of the finished products.

First - Fatties - 5 fatties with various stuffings. I coated them in fritoes or white cheddar crumbs..used the 3-2-1 method. one HUGE mistake though.. after they cooked for awhile, I sprayed them with apple juice. Of course that made the great coatins soggy. DUH. They are still damn good.

fatties.jpg

Here are the finished ABTS and fatties which were served as horse ovaries. They were a huge hit.

abts-fatties.jpg

The main course was stuffed pork loin - stuffed with sausage, avacado, onion, garlic and feta. I cooked the pork to 165 - wrapped - cooked to 195 - coolered for 2-3 hours. It was fantastic.. cut with a fork.

stuffedloin.jpg

The brisket was on a LONG time.. had some fire issues.. then the oven door was partially open and I didn't know it.. but the briskets were on the smoker until 165. Oven to 195, cooler for 6-7 hours. They were great.. a bit dry on the flat..:-( but the point was fall-apart and juicy. The only problem is, I wanted to chunk some of it to do burnt ends, but the point is just falling apart like shredded beef when I try to cube it. I'd like more firmness in the point next time. I might just do some burnt ends out of one of the flats. What do y'all think of that idea?

stuffloin-brisket.jpg

Posting all this stuff is a blast, but very time consuming too. Fortunately, I had a lot of time while I ran the smoker. I ran it 20 out of 24 Friday and Saturday. Great hobby with some wonderful pay-offs. Freezer is full of great meat.

Thanks to all for your encouraging comments and advice. Great community.

Blutch

wow my outh is watering, hopefully i too can produce something just as amazing someday soon

Blutch said:
Good question. I am trying a new technique plus, I wanted to save drippings.. any advice on how to use the drippings? I have already chilled and skimmed all the fat off.. what now?

Hawgsnheifers - I decided to try the pans after reading this guy's web site:

http://www.kickassbbq.com/index.html - he recommends and uses pans for all his roasts.

What do you think? What's the trade off?

B

Here is a previous link on smoking in a foil pan...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15105

horse ovaries

LOL. That's new to me. And I read it as whore's ovaries. Ok, I'm going to my room.

Back