THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 hours and 150 miles later

the new turtle pit and I have finally made it home from the apple!!!
yee gads...to think all I wanted to do was have a drink with you guys after blowing the wad!! 500 union tradesmen and 50 BBQ bigshots could not come up with the tools to attach a small trailer to a pickup truck!!!
But it was a fun day and certainly not as bad as early warnings would have indicated...I might even go back next year (but I will take the train!!!) Thanks Matt and the HC crew for the hospitality. BTW, Ed Mitchell's food was very, very good.
Nancee

Glad you had a good time, Vinny. I enjoyed sitting next to the Big Bob Gibson crew at the opening reception. They were lovely to talk to. The whole event was surreal-- Mike Mills and Ed Mitchell come over to talk to me like an old friend lost through the ages.

I'm exhausted from two days straight of cooking and vending with the Hill Country team. I'm not going to be wanting any bbq any time soon.....

Nice job Vinnie, Nancee, and Matt.

Nancee, let's see pics of that new pit.

Yes, Nancee.....Which one did you get? Did it look like this?
DSC05121.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

Great to see you and Greg. What a fun time overall. Glad you enjoyed that 'special' diet coke....:cool:

Very cool Vinny...I'm jealous, I would love to meet Chris Lily yet alone cook with him. AWESOME :cool:

That was a great time. Chris is a great guy. Real easy to talk to

just another long story...

As it usually is with us...
Matt, the one on top is the one we have. The one on the bottom is the one we bought.
Don't ask...
Nancee

Yes, Nancee.....Which one did you get? Did it look like this?
DSC05121.jpg

DSC05124.jpg

Great to see you and Greg. What a fun time overall. Glad you enjoyed that 'special' diet coke....:cool:

Wow!

Step away for a few days, and all hecks break loose.

Good job Vinny and all!!!

Can't wait.

10 years down the road:

"you got your Texas Q, NC/SC contingent, California and TexMEx infusion, Midwest KC/StLou, Tenn Pork, and of course, NY influence"

You folks (including NEBBQA here) are pioneering a new niche.

Glad to see it.

Chicago Que is transplanted MS and AL Que from the South.

Just stay away from that TK Tofu stuff!!

Back