THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TactTm1

Knows what a fatty is.
Guys & Gals: I'll spare a review of the details right now, but I am left with a problem that I want to solve.

I want to use my Large BGE (broken and stitched together with some JB Weld and some Trident gum) as a charcoal or equipment box. It will set on the ground and I need some way to open it easily without the ring and spring attachment. I used that on the replacement BGE.

Is there any type of handle that I could clamp on either side, something to stick down the center to serve as a grip to lift it up or anything else???
:confused:
C'mon, I have read plenty of technican posts so shed me some engineering or Jerry-rigging light this way!

Thanks!

Have you considered using the top vent? Maybe a piece of metal that goes inside and has a handle that comes through it and hangs down one side. Sort of like a Y shape with the arms of the Y being inside and the foot of the Y bent so it is not directly over the vent.

It is a heavy eqip box, but my space is limited.
I thought about maybe using it as a flower pot, without the lid.

I may go to the hardware store and see if there is any kind of bracket that could be put on the lips to give a lifting point.

Obviously, I am open to any suggestions and will give the inverted Y idea some thought.

I thought about using my old cracked BGE bottom for grill tool/charcoal storage, but it has sat upside down on my deck for 2 years after I replaced it! Now that you have me thinking about it again, I may use it store hoses out in the garden-after I remove slider!

Back