THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Good morning Brethren...I got a H/H BGE smoke goin' on this mornin' so I thought I'd share the process with you...

About a 12-14 lb packer (close trimmed) and rubbed up with a 50/50 mix of Dizzy Pig "Cowlick" and Brownulated Sugar (granulated brown sugar).

Fired up the BGE with a full load of Wicked Good "Weekend Warrior" and a two big chunks of Hickory and Oak...

My target temps are 325-350 dome...the brisket was tossed on just after I fired it up...so...lots of smoke here...

BGECooks011.jpg

BGECooks010.jpg

BGECooks007.jpg

BGECooks008.jpg

BGECooks012.jpg

BGECooks014.jpg

Stay tuned for updates during the smoke...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for more pictures on this one..... I have a feeling you will be pleased. You might want to consider a heat shield mod to protect those ends....

DSC01859a.jpg

Are you reading my mind again? :shock: 2 hours into the smoke...gave it a flip and a turn then foiled the flat end (shoulda done it sooner though...it got a bit charred)...:becky: I also added another shield to the point end...thanks Wayne!

BGECooks015.jpg

BGECooks016.jpg

BGECooks017.jpg

Flat temp was 160ish...point 140ish...see you in about an hour...:cool:

Can't wait for more pictures on this one..... I have a feeling you will be pleased. You might want to consider a heat shield mod to protect those ends....

I'm about to put a brisket on my egg tonight and this tip is rather timely. Thank you!

Looking forward to following this thread as well!

3 hours into the smoke...dome temp 350...flat temp 185ish...point temp 160ish...foiled and back on the BGE for another hour...then I'll start probing for butter...:cool:

BGECooks019.jpg

BGECooks020.jpg

BGECooks022.jpg

It's a bit toasty at the JD house today...:shock:

BGECooks023.jpg

See ya in an hour or so...

Back