THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thursday was the last day I had any contact with R&O he said then he would get by with me Friday on the status of my Pitt. I didn't hear anything Friday or over the weekend. I sent him a text this afternoon and again no reply. Im giving them until Friday then I will look into small claims court. Does anyone know how that works? Or should I hire an attorney I'm out just over $3000 dollars for deposit.

Well it Tuesday still no reply. So I sent a text saying we need to resolve this. I am coming to Granbury early next week to pick up my smoker or get a refund. Still no response. So two hours later I text if I don't get either I will file a small claims complaint at the courthouse.
What do you know he text me back then. He wants to get with me tomorrow and discuss a refund or me waiting on him to finish the smoker. What the hell.
I told him that I already told him I'm coming next week for a smoker ,refund or file a complaint. I couldn't believe he wants to wait until tomorrow. How many times do I have to wait until tomorrow.

This may be a random question, but it seems like most of your communications with R&O have been through text? Does that mean they don't have a normal business phone number or email address you can use and you are just straight texting the owner?

This is unfortunate, but it has every earmark of a builder that's out of money, employees have moved on, and materials to build your pit - poof!

Best of luck resolving this issue with minimal loss.

This is unfortunate, but it has every earmark of a builder that's out of money, employees have moved on, and materials to build your pit - poof!

Best of luck resolving this issue with minimal loss.

These exact same things happened to a bunch of guys that put in deposits on Abe's Smokers as that business was coming to an end.

Well it Tuesday still no reply. So I sent a text saying we need to resolve this. I am coming to Granbury early next week to pick up my smoker or get a refund. Still no response. So two hours later I text if I don't get either I will file a small claims complaint at the courthouse.
What do you know he text me back then. He wants to get with me tomorrow and discuss a refund or me waiting on him to finish the smoker. What the hell.
I told him that I already told him I'm coming next week for a smoker ,refund or file a complaint. I couldn't believe he wants to wait until tomorrow. How many times do I have to wait until tomorrow.

If you made the deal on the phone from Kansas to them in Texas, and they asked you to mail or wire a deposit, you have more leverage than small claims court.....

I bought my pit from Klose, never had a problem getting in touch with them about anything. Hell David would call in the middle of the night and literally just shoot the chit for and hour or two. Even after I brought it home he called several times, and I would call him or the shop someone was always there to help educate me.

I am sorry for the trouble you have had, kind of killed your excitement for a new smoker. Their are lot's of honest builders out their that would even take a loss to make a customer happy.

I've been following the thread as best as I can in hopes you get something resolved. Finally have time to reply after reading this message. I would refuse to pick up the smoker and get the full refund! I know it sucks and you have to wait for another pit from another team but I don't think the guy from R&O deserves your money even if he finishes the pit within the week. Poor customer service like this is not acceptable. Even if it was the nicest pit you've ever seen I wouldn't want this guy enjoying my money!

I agree with those who say you should get your money back and shop elsewhere.

If you buy this pit at this point, every time you fire it up you will remember how unpleasant this experience has been. If you start over with Shirley, or another builder, your memories as you cook will be good ones.

I agree. Get your money back and get you a Shirley. It'll take a while to get a trailer for them but it'd be worth the wait.

I asked for a refund and it's supposed to be on the way. Another brethren has already set me up with another smoker if I get my refund. I want to think everyone again for the advice.

Back