THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that a cast iron skillet that you baked those taters in?

No. My cast iron skillet was too big for the amount of potatoes that i was cooking so I used on of the last of my Calphalon Anodized that is still in good shape.

Lets see, doesn't cook since Oct., and he comes out with stuff like that? Amazing!
When ya got it, you just got it! Nice job Ron, and yes, those potatoes do look great!

Since I had President's Day off, and the weather wasn't awful (mid 20s and light snow is considered "not awful" for February in Chicago :-D) Parsley Lady suggested doing some BBQ for a change. I don't think I've cooked any BBQ since our last competition in October! So, I pulled the FEC out of the garage and tossed in some spares, a fatty and some pig candy for parsley lady. The ribs got a coating of Yard Bird and were cooked at 260 for about 4 hours before getting a glaze of sauce (I used us three different almost empty sauces from the fridge). The Fatty was a naked JD Maple and the Pig Candy was thick cut bacon with brown sugar, Yard Bird and a little cayenne.

For the pig candy, the brown sugar just didn't melt. I don't know if I used too much or what it was. I finally pulled it from the pit because the bacon was getting pretty dark. It tasted great, but doesn't look too good.

P5260253.JPG

I told Ron that all I wanted for Valentines Day was pig candy. On V Day he bought flowers and made me pig candy on President's Day! So I got both!

Back