THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TahoeMick

Found some matches.
What is the best way to reheat a refrigerated brisket? Would you recommend using low heat and reheating slowly or higher heat to bring it up to temp faster?

I've never had to warm a whole unsliced brisket before but some will say to put it in the oven at 200* over a pan of water for an couple of hours and she'll be good to go.

Personally, I never nuke bbq.
I usually use the oven at 190-200 to bring large portiions back to life.
Another good idea is to freezer bag smaller portions for future use and bring them back up by using hot water in a pot on the stove.
dos centavos.

My version of all the above is:

I put on rack in pan with liquid underneath.
Reheat at 200-300 till meat temp is up to 170+.

I have great luck using Micro Zapper for re-heating small quanties of Que by keeping the power level down. Be gentle.
Kinda like "low and slow" Nuking :lol:
Works fine.

TIM

I wrap tightly in heavy duty plastic wrap and put in 200* oven until it reaches an internal temp of 160*. I've never tried it, but i've heard big ziploc ifor a full cycle in the dish washer :smile:

I think the Ziploc freezer bag in a big pot simmering water is the best way to go. I do this for both brisket and pulled pork.

I've been meaning to try the dishwasher mod, but the wife "owns" the dishwasher and she isn't keen on it.

Back