THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone used The Good One lump? I assume (look out) it's labeled for the maker of The Good One BBQ pits.
The Good One lump is at the very top of my list. I absolutely love the smell and ease of burn and quick ignition that it has. It's my favorite.

Kamado Joe American blend is really good too. I like it better than their South American blend.

I have Ozark Oak on the way, and I'm excited to try it.

For me, I don't like Wicked Good for grilling. Its smell doesn't do a lot for me. :behindsofa: There are several other lumps that smell better to me. However I will say it does burn really nice for low and slow cooks.

I have been using RO for about 10 yrs now. Used it first in a horizontal smoker, and now in my UDS. When draft is properly controlled (as in my UDS), I have found that 5-6 lbs of RO can last 12-14 hours. Yeah, it sparks a little in the chimney, but once in the cooker, who cares?:whoo:

Barbecue Wood Flavor Natural any count? Tried it out on some burgers last night and seemed ok :crazy:

Picture012_zps982a3c96.jpg

if you are in Texas try John Henrey's lump you will be very happy. He also has some gr8 rubs

I've heard this Greek rub is great on chicken. I'll try it someday.

Can't beat that 5.75 for a bag of Ozark Oak here.. but i don't use charcoal much.. just to start the cook.. then I'm burning straight sticks..

I'll look for that Ozark Oak. Sounds like a great bargain.

Aside from the price, how do you like the Trader Joes Brand?

It burns hot and long on its own. The price is a bonus. 1 bag of 18 lbs feels like it lasts longer than a 20lbs bag of Kingsford regular, and maybe as long as Kingsford Competition. Combine that with KC 40 is the same price as almost 60lbs of TJ.

Back