THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They really are pretty awesome. I picked up 3 of them on your recommendation and I love them. I can fit 5 on one side of my PBC, and still have the other rebar for the main course. I'm ordering 2 more this weekend. The adjustable height makes it easy to do cherry tomatoes in one, corn in another, southern style ribs in a third, etc. They're nonstick to boot. For $6.99, you can't beat'em!

wzWcPab.jpg

Hi Would these baskets fit on a 5/16 rod?
Thanks DanB

I've only ever hung them off of rebar in my PBC so I'm not sure if they would or not. The item description says they're intended for a 3/8" rod, but with a set screw, I'd guess that it would work.

They really are pretty awesome. I picked up 3 of them on your recommendation and I love them. I can fit 5 on one side of my PBC, and still have the other rebar for the main course. I'm ordering 2 more this weekend. The adjustable height makes it easy to do cherry tomatoes in one, corn in another, southern style ribs in a third, etc. They're nonstick to boot. For $6.99, you can't beat'em!

wzWcPab.jpg

Are you hanging five baskets off one rebar? Hadn't thought of that.

I've only got the 3 at the moment but I'll be ordering a couple more. Here is a pic I took when I first got the first 3 and wanted to see how they fit. I think I could probably do 6 but it would be a bit crowded.

Come to think of it, I bet I could fit 10-12 of them if I had occasion to. They're 16"x 8" which is 128 sq inches. That would put me at 1300sq inches in a smaller footprint than my Weber 22.5 which only has 363 sq inches! The baskets fit 20 wings each or 10 brats. You could do a run of 50 brats, 100wings, and still have room for ribs! It turns the PBC into a tailgating monster machine. :shock:

eiUgj70.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday's cook using the "F-it and G-it" big honkin' basket on the PBC:

From left to right:

1) Wings with Habernero Death Dust rub
2) A 4-lb pork loin with Plowboys Yardbird rub
3) Wings with rib rub intermingled with beer brats

(The pork loin made a good separator between the habernero wings and the more family-friendly ones :loco:)

Attachments

• bigRoti1.JPG
    bigRoti1.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 121
  • bigRoti3.JPG
    bigRoti3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 470
Nice lazy game-day cook. Fancy 'plated' pic courtesy of the Dixie corporation :icon_blush:

Attachments

• bigRoti4.JPG
    bigRoti4.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 117
  • bigRoti5.JPG
    bigRoti5.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 114
Dumb things you do with idle hands....

Figuring I won't always have a pork loin to use as a basket divider, I decided to make a non-organic one.

Took one of those folding steamer basket things, removed all the 'petals', and enbiggened a couple of the holes in the round part. Now it fits over a roti-fork.

End result is an adjustable divider to segregate spicy wings from mild ones, with a few metal shavings thrown in to prevent iron deficiency....

Attachments

• divider1.JPG
    divider1.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 49
  • divider5.JPG
    divider5.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 49
  • divider3.JPG
    divider3.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 47
  • divider4.JPG
    divider4.JPG