THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drh7003

Full Fledged Farker
I haven't had a lot of time to peruse the posts. Fall is coming on fast here in PA and I have been cooking every weekend thus far.
I smoked close to 40# of pork shoulders for a church function, which was not as well attended as we would have liked, so I had a lot of left overs. Thankfully smoked pork freezes well, and I took some on vacation and fed my friends.
I had the opportunity to help out (meat station) at middle ages reenactment group with a feast for 100. We made beef (roasted/smoked top round-think a medieval version of Maryland style pit beef), Goose, and stuffed pork roast. The feast went off well and I received a standing ovation for the meat. It was liked so well, that I was asked to cook again at a more prestigious event.
This week was my wife's birthday, and while not BBQ, I did make her a meal fit for a queen. Grilled porterhouse steak, crab cakes and broccoli rabe. Along with a birthday cake...
As winter comes around, I look forward to slowing down and getting back to some low and slow cooking!

Back