THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
A “what if I did this?” moment led to what has become a favorite meal in our house – beef tataki, with a twist – seared grilled flat iron steak, sliced thin, drizzled with ponzu, with the “twist being” kicking up the traditional version with hot sesame chile oil, and a bit of chopped cilantro and jalapeno.

The meat is served with postickers, sometimes we use store-bought, but this time, The Missus made them fresh.

It was raining that night, so pulled out the Smoky Joe and brought it to the front porch:

pJXjBt9.jpg

Meat is cooking:

HHlm21W.jpg

Everything all plated up and ready to eat:

sWOjKjq.jpg

It all disappeared in no time!

As an aside, Sako did his take on Beef Tataki, and you can read about it here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287979

I love it! I've been hooked ever since I had the tataki at your place Richard. Needless to stay I do it regularly and people go nuts when they try it.

ZjNKKz1h.jpg

That was a fun night, Sako!

Can I use your photo as my International Fare Throwdown entry photo? :confused:

:laugh:

Not sure how I missed Sako's original post on the Beef Tataki a la Moose... but between those, you fellas sure have me plotting and scheming for how I can make this a part of my life in the very near term!

With some nice veggie dumplings... either Japanese or Korean style, I think I could get CINCHOUSE on board with all of this.

Back