Beef Stir Fry and Fried Rice one the griddle NOT Q

That looks excellent! Nice choice on the Alaskan Amber! :thumb:

Did you do those fancy spatula moves during the cook? :wink:

Did you cook the rice the day before? It makes a huge difference for fried rice!

Great job on the cook, ssv3! :thumb:

First time I've heard Aaron's comment. Hmmm. Time for Google. Of course, maybe I haven't noticed because ALL of my rice is day-old! I eat brown rice (see the Crohn's thread) that has been prepared in my Zojirushi IH rice maker. It has the (for me) required GABA activation function (GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is not essential, but when taken orally, can have a positive impact on hypertension and blood pressure). The normal brown rice cook time is about 90 minutes. In the GABA activation mode, it takes over 3 hours. I make a full batch each time and toss it in the refrigerator and use as needed.

That said, I sure would like to know WHY it make a difference and WHAT the difference is.

I'm going to guess that it's similar to my childhood favorite breakfast treat...toasted day-old Krispy Kreme glazed donuts! You can't cut them in half when they're fresh, but the next day, after they've dried out a bit, halve them, spread melted butter on the cut side, place the cut side down on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven. The buttered bottom gets nice and toasty and the glaze melts and then gets that clear, crystal finish. The combination of toasted butter, crisped donut and crystal glaze is to die for!:wink:

Awesome ! That's your Blackstone Griddle, right ? I bought one at Lowes over Christmas and we love it. Last one they had was the floor model so they knocked $70 off the price so I got it great deal. You can cook a ton of food on it at one time. Don't get to use it near as much as I'd like but still glad I bought it.

That looks excellent! Nice choice on the Alaskan Amber! :thumb:

Did you do those fancy spatula moves during the cook? :wink:

Thanks Peeps! I skipped the spatula moves this time. Didnt want half my food on the floor.:becky:

Great job on the cook, ssv3! :thumb:

First time I've heard Aaron's comment. Hmmm. Time for Google. Of course, maybe I haven't noticed because ALL of my rice is day-old! I eat brown rice (see the Crohn's thread) that has been prepared in my Zojirushi IH rice maker. It has the (for me) required GABA activation function (GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is not essential, but when taken orally, can have a positive impact on hypertension and blood pressure). The normal brown rice cook time is about 90 minutes. In the GABA activation mode, it takes over 3 hours. I make a full batch each time and toss it in the refrigerator and use as needed.

That said, I sure would like to know WHY it make a difference and WHAT the difference is.

I'm going to guess that it's similar to my childhood favorite breakfast treat...toasted day-old Krispy Kreme glazed donuts! You can't cut them in half when they're fresh, but the next day, after they've dried out a bit, halve them, spread melted butter on the cut side, place the cut side down on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven. The buttered bottom gets nice and toasty and the glaze melts and then gets that clear, crystal finish. The combination of toasted butter, crisped donut and crystal glaze is to die for!:wink:

Thanks Ozric,

Hopefully we'll find out. Im really curious now.

Awesome ! That's your Blackstone Griddle, right ? I bought one at Lowes over Christmas and we love it. Last one they had was the floor model so they knocked $70 off the price so I got it great deal. You can cook a ton of food on it at one time. Don't get to use it near as much as I'd like but still glad I bought it.

Yup! Blackstone 36. I love that thing. You can cook for an army or do mutilple things at one time and be done before you cook in batches that takes forever.

Awesome cook Bro. :thumb: The only thing I would change would be to loose the celery (hate that crap) and use bok choy instead.

Looks great, I like my veggies with some crunch too.

Wait are them wood things on the plate????? :tsk:

Awesome cook Bro. :thumb: The only thing I would change would be to loose the celery (hate that crap) and use bok choy instead.

Hahaha!!

I'm not too fond of celery but I threw it on there. I was going to get bok choy but forgot to buy it.

Back