THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinEdge

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Don’t beat me up to bad for not taking many pictures or even good ones, but we made beef tacos.

I cooked beef back ribs from the rib roast on my Yoder 640 to about medium ish to medium rare. I rested them for a half hour then stripped the meat from the bones. Diced that up.

IMG_2047.jpeg
IMG_2048.jpeg
I made a roasted tomatillo salsa with roma tomatoes, onion, garlic, and Serrano peppers. Sorry no pictures of making that but it’s on the taco pic.

I then heated a cast skillet and fried the diced meat to warm it and incorporated some Mexican blend cheese until melted.

IMG_2050.jpeg

I also made a simple pico de gallo with tomato, onion, cucumber, garlic and cilantro lime and salt

IMG_2049.jpeg
I fried the corn tortillas slightly in hot oil just to soften then build my taco, always add fresh lime juice to finish.

IMG_2051.jpeg
Delicious.

Thank you all. I do appreciate it.
These were rich but the acid components from the pico and salsa with just a touch of fresh lime cut through the fat and were delicious. Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Back