THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
I really liked the rib pastrami I made a little while back (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243782&highlight=rib+pastrami) so decided to do it again. After I made the brine, I decided to throw a couple of beef cheeks to see how those might turn out.

Used the same recipe as last time since I loved the outcome. https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/sous-vide-pastrami

In the brine for 7 days. Took it out on Friday night to hit it with the rub.

Back in the fridge until Saturday morning, the into the smoker @275 with cherry wood for the smoke. Things got a bit hectic on Saturday and I neglected to get in shots of the cheeks and ribs in the smoker. I also neglected to eat it on Saturday night. :tsk:

So..........yesterday, pulled a cheek out of the fridge and gave it a quick slice.

Threw that into a skillet with some kraut. When that was nice and warmed up, hit it with some swiss cheese. My wife made some rye bread on Friday in anticipation of the pastrami, had that toasted and sauced......so

:thumb: I was already a sucker for beef cheeks so I might be biased when I say I prefered this to regular pastrami. Seemed to be more beefy. Wish I could have had it when it was first done and not as a reheat, maybe next time.

Sorry for the gap in photos of the process.

Thanks for looking.

Joe, you should start a new line of products. FaceFoods.com

Beef cheek Pastrami, face bacon, head cheese, pig head capicola...

I think Boars Head should have to change their name until they use as much of the pig as you do!

Now I know this isn't BBQ related but how bout sharing that rye bread recipe?

Joe, you should start a new line of products. FaceFoods.com

Beef cheek Pastrami, face bacon, head cheese, pig head capicola...

I think Boars Head should have to change their name until they use as much of the pig as you do!

Now I know this isn't BBQ related but how bout sharing that rye bread recipe?

Facefoods........I like it. :becky:

My wife is the baker, I'll ask her for the recipe.

Back