Beautiful Sunday, Time to cook on the Vertical Offset - Simi Live

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! We've been hit with rain for the past few days but today it's beautiful! Decided to roll the vertical offset out for a cook.

On today's menu we have a Corned Beef Brisket Flat. Soaked it in water for 24 hours changing the water every few hours. I seasoned it with Weber Dry Smoking Rub. Going to use it for breakfast in the morning for corned beef hash.

Here's the corned beef.
IMG_0248_zpsa3mqwfbz.jpg

Here's the Corned beef 2 hours in with a IT of 125
IMG_0253_zpscmk4zwol.jpg

Also on the menu I have two full spare Smithfield Extra tender Ribs. Only thing available but I have to say these are the best looking smithfield extra tender ribs I've ever seen! Most of them I see are real floppy in the package. These are pretty sturdy.
IMG_0249_zpsocpnlmrj.jpg

Here's the ribs 2 horus in.
IMG_0251_zpslfo8sugw.jpg

Here's the ribs flipping them after 2 hours. I learned for most meats cooking them in the vertical offset its always a good idea to flip them at least once or the bottom's get charred a little bit.
IMG_0255_zpsocri9vjm.jpg

Also I just put on a set of ABT's. jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Wrapped in bacon!
IMG_0254_zpsajqysapm.jpg

When the ABT's come off the smoker I'm putting on 3 cornish hens! I'll make a final post after everything is done!

Here's the ribs after 4 hours. I'm wrapping to finish them off. I'm looking to cook these a bit more tender than normal as I don't have front teeth. Easier to eat.

IMG_0259_zpskglt1yfb.jpg

Here's the ABT's. They are finished
IMG_0256_zpstws5hfiw.jpg

IMG_0257_zpsb17yzzgy.jpg

Cornish hen's are on. I picked up Twisted Q's Crazy Chick seasoning for the cornish hen's. I really liked the flavor out of the bottle
IMG_0264_zpssgmolrsp.jpg

Dinner is Served!

The Cornish Hens. We approve of the Twisted Q's Crazy chick seasoning! First time trying any products from them. Won't be the last!
IMG_0268_zpstsvfrqes.jpg

The two racks of ribs coming out of the smoker
IMG_0267_zpsoiqzajen.jpg

IMG_0266_zpssqr5rxas.jpg

It's Dinner time. ABT's, Ribs, Cornish Hen's and a baked/smoked potato topped with butter,sour cream and a sprinkle of Weber Dry Smoking Rub.

IMG_0271_zpsa4lwjs87.jpg

Here's the corned beef. I pulled it and wrapped it at 150. It's in the oven at 300 degree's. I put a little water in the bottom of the foil I'll cook til it probes tender. I'll report more on the corned beef when its done!

IMG_0270_zpsfvxaq9cf.jpg

Looks damn fine! I want to hear more about the corned beef, when you get a chance.

-D

Just pulled it out of the oven. I'll post pics in a bit after it rests for a while. Not sure if I mentioned it but it was just a 4lb corned beef brisket flat from walmart. I soaked it in water for 24 hrs and changed the water ever few hours.

After eating the ribs I'm curious to know how the Weber Dry Smoking Rub will work with it. The rub is on the sweet side so it will be interesting to eat with the corned beef. I cooked it pretty much like pastrami. I wrapped in foil after 5 hrs and added a little water to steam it til I pulled it at 203 degrees. It probed like butter.

Here's the corned beef. Last time I made corned beef I didn't soak it more than 6 hours. the 24hr soak is really nice. Might of been a little to much. The flavor from the Weber Dry Smoking Rub made for a unique flavor. It's really good!

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone is doing fine! I haven't been posting very much but I still read through the forums every day!

IMG_0277_zpstitvy3ii.jpg

IMG_0276_zpsoh67nmnm.jpg

Dang! Really liked the look on those jalapenos.

Between family and friends (next door), They got devoured within minutes. Each time I make these my quantity goes up every time. Think last time I made 10, today I made 20. Still didn't have any for left over LOL

Between family and friends (next door), They got devoured within minutes. Each time I make these my quantity goes up every time. Think last time I made 10, today I made 20. Still didn't have any for left over LOL

Really nice spread. The color on your food is perfect too.

I find that too with the poppers that no matter how many i make they are always gone. Upsetting as i love leftovers. Try adding a brush of BBQ sauce on them 10mins before you pull them sometime. Adds a nice addition layer of flavor

Really nice spread. The color on your food is perfect too.

I find that too with the poppers that no matter how many i make they are always gone. Upsetting as i love leftovers. Try adding a brush of BBQ sauce on them 10mins before you pull them sometime. Adds a nice addition layer of flavor

Thanks Matt. I'll have to try the BBQ sauce thing some time. Sounds like it would take the flavor to a whole new level. I've only made these peppers a couple times and by the time I prep them I forget to seasoning the bacon with rub. This time I didn't and it was the best yet.

I buy BBQ sauce but I never use it. I don't think I really like BBQ all to well. The BBQ I cook never needs it and I don't use it on much else other than your occasional chicken or ribs.

Back