THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any of them cooking on decent smokers? I know a bunch of JR Oylers just went on sale locally. Smokin al's cooks on electric cookshacks if i'm not mistaken, bobbique has a southern pride and i'm not familiar with the guy in commack. I do know none of them turn out anything decent bbq wise, but it's long island so most don't even have a clue.

I try to keep it in perspective they have to sell a product that people in general will like. I dont think any of those mentioned are great but they are ok, and people seem to like it. But then again look at Mcdonalds or Burger king, so much for the masses opinion on hamburgers

My local Q emporium has a huge Oyler rotisserie pit which is fired entirely with locally sourced pecan logs. It has a computerized controller sort of like a hyperthyroid Guru. They fire it up at 4:00 PM and it cooks all night at 225 loaded with up to 50 briskets. They come out coal black so they trim the bark before slicing. It's good but not great IMHO. They cook their ribs, sausage and chicken over Kingsford-fired horizontal smokers that are about 20 feet long. They have four of those. Everything they cook is over wood/charcoal fires. Their sausage smokehouse is natural gas fired with a fan-forced smoker module. It is also computerized. They make around 1000 links of fresh smoked sausage per week. The sausage is the best thing in the house. They do a pretty good job considering the volume they do and having ot please the "average" taste.

Back