BBQ Pitmasters

There is another version of Pitmaster's, I think it's BBQ Pit Wars which is Myron & a couple of others competing in actual contests but it's more of who's the best among them wins regardless of how they do overall in the contest. It's ok but I wish they'd have one where they follow 1 rookie team during a season to show the trials & tribulations of contests.

They say the new version gets way better ratings then season one. I think the word just spread about bbq and the show and season 1 would do just as good now as the rest of the seasons.

I can't tell all but during my hanging out with Tuffy time last week I got a bit of info. Seems as if this year it all takes place in one spot on a ranch/farm. The set is greatly improved and he was very enthusiastic about that, and the show in general. Should be starting up in May on Destination. He really thinks people will like it.

When they switched formats to include the "Sidewinder Challenge" and eliminate a team for cooking snake & etc. I lost interest. That being said, if there is nothing else on I would watch an episode.

I couldn't bear it after they tell you the whole great story of team competing for money to rebuild their BBQ place that burned down. All they cook is pork and they get pork shoulder and then get sent home for cooking bad catfish or something stupid. I couldn't cheer for anyone else that round and lost interest. Although Kyle ash blasting the camera was awesome. I know someone else remembers that :-D

I can't tell all but during my hanging out with Tuffy time last week I got a bit of info. Seems as if this year it all takes place in one spot on a ranch/farm. The set is greatly improved and he was very enthusiastic about that, and the show in general. Should be starting up in May on Destination. He really thinks people will like it.

So like the last episode of Season 1

It would be more enjoyable for me if that required each team to film a segment showing the public how to cook one of their favorite recipes. That segment could provide fill in place of stilted cracks being traded while the cooks are in process. I watch to try to learn techniques and to pick up a few tips. Adding a teaching section regarding various dishes (they would not have to give out their competition secrets), would boost viewership, I believe.

Back