BBQ pit stolen near Fargo, ND... APB

Thanks everyone for the huge show of support. Believe me, nobody is kicking me harder than myself for not staying in the ditch. We left a barbell lock through the coupler but certainly someone with a hacksaw or big hammer could dispense of that pretty quickly.

There was also a WSM in the pit... Obviously harder to trace but if one goes up for sale soon, it's worth a look to see if the seller also has a banged up pit in the yard.

It's fine to post this on other forums!
Thanks again everyone. My first American Royal was nothing short of incredible, I was thrilled with my results in the Invitational and it was an honor just to be in the same room with everyone.

Good luck, sir. What a terrible end to a great weekend.

"Well gee, officer, I thought that some one just, you know, like threw it away and I was kinda just cleaning up the litter ..... "

Get a rope!

I will definately keep an ear out... I am about two hours south and a little west of Fargo... we are up that way all the time...

that isn't right, just would pi-- me off, but will keep an eye out here in the Midwest OK :p:p

Good luck on the search, thats really a bunch of crap somebody would just take a cooker like that.
I've seen pics of NDPD's finest, your in good hands. :biggrin:

fargo-frances-mcdormand.jpg

I'm just bumping this thread up to remind people in the area to be on the lookout for this pit. It was a little bent out of shape in the accident but still towable. It wouldn't have taken much effort over the winter to fix it up. I'm sure it will appear again.

I have settled with my insurance company so I really have to sticks in this fire, but it would sure be nice to see this SOB rot.

Good news from Dr BBQ today reminded me that my baby is still missing :mad: :mad:

One more picture attached:

Attachments

• DSCF7443-1.jpg
    DSCF7443-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 179
I will keep an eye out and check the stib and pio press classifieds and cragslist.

I'm in Saint Paul and work in Minneapolis

Hello, just posting a quick note to notify anyone in North Dakota or Minneapolis to keep an eye open for an offset stickburner trailer for sale.

We are travelling home from the Royal (where we had an awesome time). We lost the trailer, bumper hitch problems and we had to leave it in the ditch on I-29 20 miles South of Fargo. We left it for 2 hours while we had a hitch installed, when we returned it was gone. Police report has been filed.

Just crossing my fingers that the Northern plains brethren will keep an eye out.

Pic attached.
Thanks!

Just a suggestion.. but since this was on an interstate, you might wanna broaden your horizons on where you're looking.
Hell, it may have ended up in Canada.
What's the type of documentation you need for a pit on a trailer crossing the border?
Anyway, just my .02

Hello, just posting a quick note to notify anyone in North Dakota or Minneapolis to keep an eye open for an offset stickburner trailer for sale.

We are travelling home from the Royal (where we had an awesome time). We lost the trailer, bumper hitch problems and we had to leave it in the ditch on I-29 20 miles South of Fargo. We left it for 2 hours while we had a hitch installed, when we returned it was gone. Police report has been filed.

Just crossing my fingers that the Northern plains brethren will keep an eye out.

Pic attached.
Thanks!

k..Were you on I-94, or I-10?...My uncle had a hardware store in Hawley.
Still have relatives there. But, they had tractor shows...and, for the
prarie, they are iron crazy. My experience around those parts is that they stole it for scrap..couple of years back someone stole a 20,000 roll of
copper wire.
Sorry for your loss, hope you get it back, send me the details, and I'll
fire up my feelers.

Sorry for your loss. though i wouldn't have taken it ... you did however leave it on the side of the road like it was abandoned. :doh:

Thanks guys... I hope it does cross the border, it will get recognized up here for sure! We are a pretty small community of BBQ'ers in these parts! But there's no way an undocumented, homebuilt trailer would ever make it across the border unless they bypass the roads altogether...

We were on I-29, about 15 miles South of Fargo.

Abandoned? I dunno about that... I would think that the barbell lock through the hitch coupler and the sheared-off 2" tow ball still stuck in the coupler would be a good clue that it wasn't left there intentionally :rolleyes:

Although it was on the Interstate, this was clearly a theft and I just don't think anyone would risk traveling a significant distance with a stolen trailer that day... so I always presumed it was someone fairly local. Who knows. What I'm really hoping for is to spot it in person in Huron, SD in 2 weeks :becky: :becky:

Thanks guys... I hope it does cross the border, it will get recognized up here for sure! We are a pretty small community of BBQ'ers in these parts! But there's no way an undocumented, homebuilt trailer would ever make it across the border unless they bypass the roads altogether...

We were on I-29, about 15 miles South of Fargo.

Abandoned? I dunno about that... I would think that the barbell lock through the hitch coupler and the sheared-off 2" tow ball still stuck in the coupler would be a good clue that it wasn't left there intentionally :rolleyes:

Although it was on the Interstate, this was clearly a theft and I just don't think anyone would risk traveling a significant distance with a stolen trailer that day... so I always presumed it was someone fairly local. Who knows. What I'm really hoping for is to spot it in person in Huron, SD in 2 weeks :becky: :becky:

Well i didnt have the info about the lock and sheared ball. But either way sorry about your loss, plus i didnt see how old this thread was anyways. And at least you got an insurance settlement out of it.

Back