THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

by the pictures, it looks like you were across the bridge from Galveston on the Surfside side. It is rare for the water to be that pretty. Brown is the most common water color in the summer. Nice pics. Did you guys drive down to eat at the Red Snapper in Surfside?

by the pictures, it looks like you were across the bridge from Galveston on the Surfside side. It is rare for the water to be that pretty. Brown is the most common water color in the summer. Nice pics. Did you guys drive down to eat at the Red Snapper in Surfside?

I head about the Red Snapper from the local bait shop/convenience store. We have one more night here, should we go check it out?

looks way good man. i love fresh grilled vegis and stuff. also, what is this santa maria rub? i know what tri tip is and what not but what is in the santa maria rub? never used it before.

thanks

Matt

That's way to cool! Good Food, w/ family! Can't get any better!
Did you get to fish?
Great pic's, you guys ate really well!

looks way good man. i love fresh grilled vegis and stuff. also, what is this santa maria rub? i know what tri tip is and what not but what is in the santa maria rub? never used it before.

thanks

Matt

Hey Matt, our Santa Maria rub is a little different than everyone else's... It's heavy on the garlic, black pepper and parsley, but it also contains lots of other spices that make it really stand-out in many ways. Try doing a search here on the Brethren or do a google search, you'll find out a bunch about Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria rub.

That pineapple looks great. I always do just a brown sugar dusting. I may try this this weekend. How long do you cook your pineapple?

I've never timed it. Basically, I just sear it until it gets a good char on both sides then I pull it off. :thumb: If you have some HDD around the house, it really is worth a try. The heat/flavor from the HDD goes PERFECTLY with the sweet from the fresh pineapple. I only dust it on one side...

That's way to cool! Good Food, w/ family! Can't get any better!
Did you get to fish?
Great pic's, you guys ate really well!

Thanks! Didn't get to fish any on this trip. I decided before I left that this would be a total R&R with the family type of trip, so we came down here with ZERO agenda and just chilled on the beach for 7 days. It's been great!

Nice. I keep a Galveston County beach pass on my car -- only ten bucks a year. I usually go just East of Galveston, just across the ferry to Crystal Beach, and usually park my camper right on the beach. I always take one of my kettles, or my seafood boil rig down there.

It looks like the seaweed has cleared out. It was really bad this year.

CD

Back