THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
There's a gravy Throwdown going on, so I used it as an excuse to make some meatloaf.

Started off with onion, Garlic, and shiitake mushrooms

Saute onions in some EVOO, add garlic and a little crushed red chili, then added the mushrooms. Not fully cooking this stuff, just softening up, adding flavor.

Set that aside to cool

Thought I had breadcrumbs, but I didn't. So I made some.

Milk, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, soy sauce, worchestershershire, thyme, rosemary powder, dijon mustard, pepper, salt, and some Dink's Udder Madness into the bowl with a pound of pork and a pound of beef

ready. But the shirley wasn't so I stashed it in the fridge

Once the shirley hit 300 I coated it with Dink's and put it in.. Drip pan underneath for the gravy

here she is at 110

Done at 155. At about 140 I coated her up with some Purple Pork Masters

I made a gravy with the drippings. Started with a medium roux of butter and flour, added the drippings and some beef broth, along with some garlic, grated onion, thin cut mushrooms, black pepper and soy sauce for a little extra umami. Anyone who has made a good roux knows, there's no time for pics. Besides, whisk in one hand, beer in the other. Where do I put the camera? :noidea:

Also made some green beans with bacon, garlic, and balsamic

Dinner!

Last edited:
That looks amazing, and thought of a leftover meatloaf sammich - hot and cold versions - is gonna be in my head all day - very nicely done, Shaggy! :clap2:

That looks amazing, and thought of a leftover meatloaf sammich - hot and cold versions - is gonna be in my head all day - very nicely done, Shaggy! :clap2:
Heck yea, Greg! A griddled meatloaf Sammy with swiss cheese, a little horseradish, and caramelized onions will definitely be happening. I think its probably why I make meatloaf in the first place.

Really good looking meatloaf and I'd hurt myself with everything else you cooked!

I agree that the best thing for me is leftover meatloaf browned in a hot CI pan.

Back