THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, it's tomorrow. I did an iron skillet apple dump pie on the UDS. First time I have ever tried anything like this on a smoker or grill. All in all it turned out great. Can't believe the heat that I could get from just charcoal. Cooked it for about an hour @ 350. So, here is my entry.:biggrin:

Attachments

I should pay more attenion, I made and the wife just finished what would have been a great entry.

Mango Flambe

I normally flambe on the stove in a skillet... but adapted it for the Cobb charcoal cooker and its perforated grill surface.... Definitely much easier in a skillet. :rolleyes:

Halve the mangoes on either side of the pit. Score the flesh but don't cut through the skin. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place cut side down on the grill. Flip when carmelized and cook skinside. Don't overcook, but when the fruit is hot through, pour a teaspoon of 40% liquor over each mango half. Rum is good, but Pear Brandy is excellent! Quickly light the alcohol and let it burn off. Serve as is or turn inside out. Spoon the pan drippings over the mangoes. Serve plain or with ice cream.

Enjoy!

Here's the flambe shot. I couldn't quite capture the flames properly. Needed another pair of hands and my camera wasn't set up properly, but those are flames over the fruit.... :icon_frow
FlambeMangoesIMG_2810.jpg

You can leave the grilled mango plain or turn it inside out. If doing this in a skillet, the carmelized pan drippings are delicious. Spoon some over the mango and serve as is.
GrilledMangoInsideOutIMG_2913.jpg

OR serve with ice cream. Mango ice cream shown here, but I much prefer vanilla.
GrilledMangowithMangoIceCreamIMG_29.jpg

I do this with peaches, bananas too, but mangoes are my favorite! :p:p:p

peach pastry with blueberry and cinnamon and powdered sugar

loinpeachpastry-020.jpg

loinpeachpastry-022.jpg

loinpeachpastry-028.jpg

Here is my entry for "Dessert".

This is a shortcake that I baked on my Weber with sugar, pecans, banana pudding, and cinnamon. I added two scoops of vanilla ice cream and topped the works with a chocolate sauce and a peanut butter sauce and grilled bananas. Enjoy!

Banana Pecan Shortcake a la mode.

desserts001.jpg

desserts002.jpg

desserts003.jpg

Following up behind some real Pro's... Nice Job!!!

Grilled up a little fruit on the Weber. Glazed with a mix of Honey and melted butter. We have Pineapple, Banana, Cantaloupe, Apples, Pears, Peach and a Cherry. Served 2 ways, one with a chocolate syrup and one with Cool Whip.

Picture105.jpg

Picture167-1.jpg

Picture178.jpg

Last edited:
I'm out this week... no time to do the apple gallette I was planning. But good looking stuff! That mango flambe looks like fun!

Some fantastic looking sweets here. I'm like BBS and would like to sample all of them. Didn't enter this one as this is as far as I got. Thought about it, laughed about it, and then forgot about it. Need ripe nanners to do nanner bread and these weren't it. Oh well.

Attachments

Simple Peach Cobbler

Down to the Wire for my Post....
Peach Cobbler on the DrumPit....Can You See The Rack Of Ribs Under It?
cobbler_drumpit1.jpg
Cobbler In A Glass, I'm Very UpScale About My Dessert:p
cobbler_glass2.jpg
By Special Request....
cobbler_glass3.jpg

Last edited:
Back