THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great lookin' ribs folks! I did some pretty tasty ribs last weekend but no pics. Not sure they were pretty enuff anyways to compete with all y'all.

Goose..you big stud..take me to dinner or lose me for ever! I feel the need...

What that post about?

Quotes from the movie Top Gun as a compliment to Goose's pron.

My submission, for your dining (well looking anyway) pleasure.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php
This one takes it so far....in my book.:biggrin:

Beef Short Ribs will be OK, they are from ribs (not the rib primal but from the actual ribs of the animal) and have bones to prove it.

You mean pigs fly now?:shock: Go figure!:rolleyes:

Do you not have regular ribs to cook?

They are not "ribs", but the part of the vertebrae that sticks out in back.
15.png

They have bones and kinda look like ribs though. This one is kinda tough.

Nah, heck, they're not ribs. Nothing to do with the rib cage at all. So not allowed.

I want to see what a slab of those look like can anyone help?

Well I just happen to have a rack set out for dinner tonight. It should go on the smoker about noon or 1. I took the membrane off, and rubbed it this morning at 8:30. Light base coat of our butt rubb and then a moderate to heavy top coat of Plowboy's Yardbird.

First pictures:
0127.jpg

0128.jpg

0129.jpg

Put some rub on those babies:biggrin:
Best lookin beef ribs ever Goose! Set the bar pretty high.

Paul

To Garnish or Not to Garnish...

Not that I have any food styling skills or even a decent camera, but we're making ribs tonight! Thought I saw on a different post that there are some rules around using garnishes? Or is it pretty much anything goes? Thanks!

Not that I have any food styling skills or even a decent camera, but we're making ribs tonight! Thought I saw on a different post that there are some rules around using garnishes? Or is it pretty much anything goes? Thanks!

The garnish rules were only for the lamb at the request of Nature Boy who selected the meat.

Here we are, my submission for your perusal, a slab -o- baby backs.

DSC06790.jpg

I rubbed them with a simple brown sugar rub and in they went. The Drum was loaded with KF Competition and Maple chunks.

DSC06797.jpg

Taking the b-back’s off the drum after lightly basting with Slippery Hill Sauce.

DSC06823.jpg

The final product! -- Please make this the submission photo.

DSC06842.jpg

Well here is my first entry in a showdown, hope you like it :) ribs ABT's tater salad baked beans and cole slaw. Now thats how we roll at the mfdfyrecaptain estate !!!

aptpics011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back