THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow! I think the competition just stepped up a notch.:shock: Beginning to have an inferiority complex about my pizza plans.

I wanted to try a new crust before this weekend. So I made a trial run, and made a grilled apple pizza pie with cinnamon, ground cloves and a homemade apple glaze.
IMG_1906-1.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Awesome Apple Tarte Tatin / pizza combo. Makes a nice dessert pizza.

3293643395_a3f43ca952_b.jpg

fweck and Que Dawg are gonna go neck and neck on this one......I can just feel it!!

I made a couple pies outta the leftover pulled chuck roll from my daughter's baptismal dinner. Simple ingredients, but quite tasty.

I wanted to try a new crust before this weekend. So I made a trial run, and made a grilled apple pizza pie with cinnamon, ground cloves and a homemade apple glaze.
IMG_1906-1.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

That is farking beautiful!!

I'm also still salivating after seeing Fweck's deep dish. I a big fan of pizza you eat with a knife and fork!!

You two have outdone yourselves. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

OK, ok, ok...Pizza YEA!

Once again, Pillsbury Dough, Rubbed with EVOO, Sliced Polly-O Mozzarella, Sliced Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Roasted (on the Gasser) Red Sweet Peppers, Pineapple Chunks, Shredded Mozzarella, Fire Roasted Tomatos with Garlic!

And this time MORE sesame seeds!

DSC06419.jpg

Out of the oven (yes, oven :redface:)

DSC06423.jpg

One slice to go!

DSC06431.jpg

Those pics look great! So does the pizza!

OK, here's my crack at Pizza. Unfortunately, I did not get the FARKING CAMERA BATTERIES TODAY!!!! So my pics suck (camera phone). Oh well. Here they are anyway!:wink:

I cooked these on my WSM. I fired it up around noon with Kingsford and 1 stick of Pecan in the middle of the charcoal. I then cooked a couple fatties (no pics) and used one of them for topping the pizza. Then, I took the lid off the WSM for an hour and let the heat go nuts. I use a sand pan in my WSM and wanted all that sand to get really hot. After an hour, I put the lid back on while I went inside to start getting ready to work with the pizza. The temp was over 500 (thermo pegged) for a while, but went down to about 350 by the time I got the pizza on. Next time I will leave the lid off until I actually put the pizza on.

So here's the pizza. I call this one the Brethren Breakfast Pizza.

I started with some dough I started Wednesday night from this recipe http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html
Breakfast_Pizza_Dough.jpg

Then I put on a layer of homemade country gravy...
Breakfast_Pizza_Sauced.jpg

Then I arranged sliced fatties arouond the pizza...
Breakfast_Pizza_Sausage.jpg

Then I brushed some maple syrup on each fatty slice...
Breakfast_Pizza_Syrup.jpg

Then I sprinkled some rub over them...
Breakfast_Pizza_Rub.jpg

Then I arranged a little cream cheese and a jalapeno slice on top of each fatty slice...
Breakfast_Pizza_JapCreamCheese.jpg

Then I sprinkled the whole thing with some cheese and fresh crisped bacon...
Breakfast_Pizza_CheeseBacon.jpg

Then I popped that sucker in the WSM. It took a little over 30 minutes due to the temperature drop, and the crust didn't get very browned but was done.
Breakfast_Pizza_Done1.jpg

Breakfast_Pizza_Done3.jpg

It was absolutely farking amazing!!! I should have made two of these because it disappeared fast! I made a cheese pizza for the kids in case they thought this one was gross, but everyone scarfed this pizza down before the cheese pizza was even made. I wish I could have shared it with you, this was really freaking good.

Here's the Cheese Pizza just because. It wasn't as satisfying, but still good.
Cheese_Pizza_Before2.jpg

Cheese_Pizza_Done1.jpg

Cheese_Pizza_Done2.jpg

Here's my entry. Not sure It will compete but, hey give it a shot.

They are just on the metal pans for cutting. I cooked them on a stone.

CloseupofPeperoni.jpg

Deluxedone.jpg

pizza marinara

fresh dough
marinara
fresh mozzarella
fresh basil
black pepper
big green egg
rick's tropical delight

pizzamarinara-002.jpg

pizzamarinara-014.jpg