THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heck yeah, I was guessing 6 or better.
j0283925.gif

that is true you love fishing don't you! me and the guys have a blast fishing here. we are actually working out the details for this summer salmon trip!never to early to plan a fishing trip!!
this is where we are planning to go again this year,but this time we are going to stay a few days. it is at the bottom of a mountain and the hike to get there is rough and hard. so we will be roughing it with no tents just the basics!!
100_5173.jpg

all the good catholics should be eating fish tonight... right? :biggrin:

that is true you love fishing don't you! me and the guys have a blast fishing here. we are actually working out the details for this summer salmon trip!never to early to plan a fishing trip!!
this is where we are planning to go again this year,but this time we are going to stay a few days. it is at the bottom of a mountain and the hike to get there is rough and hard. so we will be roughing it with no tents just the basics!!
100_5173.jpg

Is that you taking the Picture? :rolleyes:

Doh - of all the nights for the SIL to come over. She is insisting on better fried halibut rather than my grilled lemon pepper halibut..........

Grilles salmon with a stone ground mustard-honey sauce, wild mushroom cous cous and a red onion and water cress salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

P5250001.jpg

P5250006.jpg

Fish Throwdown

tdplated-crop2DSC07031.jpg

Here is my Throwdown entry this week.......a Smoked Salmon fillet with red and green peppercorns. This was cured overnight with my dry cure, rested in the fridge for 6 hours and smoked in my Big Chief for about 4 hours. I used a mixture of cherry and pear. The peppercorns are soaked in hot water for about 30 minutes, and go on the fish during the rest.​

td7DSC06977.jpg

td6DSC06985.jpg

td3DSC06996.jpg

td4DSC07018.jpg

oh, man. that is going to be hard to beat. i'm heading to the market to purchase my 'a' game, i hope! i'm trying something new once again, so we'll see what happens :biggrin:

that looks great mr thirdeye!

swordfish cataplana!

i've been wanting to try out my cataplana pan for a long time.
here is what happened. :biggrin:

cataplana-003.jpg

cataplana-009.gif

cataplana-025.jpg

cataplana-006.jpg

cataplana-031.jpg

cataplana-033.jpg

cataplana-037.jpg

cataplana-039.jpg

here's a link to the cataplana recipe:
clicky

here's a link to the cataplana pan:
clicky

Last edited:
Here's my entry...

Sockeye Salmon fillets with Hawaiian sea salt and cracked black pepper...

IMG_6681.jpg

Click for "SizzleVision"...

Entry shot...

IMG_6685.jpg

Back